Monday, February 4, 2013

More 2/3 - 2/9 Tops shopping: tuna + more cereal = free gas

I stopped into Tops again today for (surprise surprise) more cheap cereal! Here is a look at today's purchases:
2 boxes Corn Chex - $1.50 each, see notes
On sale 4/$10, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here
Notes: These are part of a current gas promo, where you earn 200 bonus gas points for every 4 select boxes you buy (that's $0.20 off per gallon!). Also, activate the $0.50 eCoupon at SavingStar before shopping so you can get some money back.
2 boxes Rice Chex - $1.50 each, see notes
On sale 4/$10, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here
Notes: These are part of the above gas promo. Alternatively, the above $0.50 eCoupon at SavingStar can be used on these instead.

2 boxes Cheerios - $1.50 each, see notes
On sale 4/$10, used 4 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here
Notes: These are part of the above gas promo. Activate the $0.50 eCoupon at SavingStar before shopping so you can get some money back.
2 boxes Cinnamon Jacks - $1.50 each, see notes
On sale 4/$10, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) found on the back of boxes previously purchased
Notes: These are part of the above gas promo. Also, check the backs of any boxes you buy.  The ones I purchased today had $0.50 coupons on the back (exp. 11/30/13) just like the ones I bought a few weeks ago.

4 pouches StarKist tuna - $0.70 each
On sale 4/$5, used 2 $0.55 off 2 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from their Facebook page
Note: I can get cans of tuna cheaper at Aldi (which I'd prefer) but my husband really likes the convenience of these pouches.  If you're looking for the cheapest way to get tuna, you might want to skip this purchase. :-)

Today's shopping trip had a retail cost of $40.68 and I paid $14.80 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of about 64%.  My gas discount is now $4.10 per gallon -- which means FREE gas for me.  I love free gas!!!

I'll be stopping in for probably one more round of cereal (if the kind I want is in stock), more tuna, and a few other items.  Until tomorrow, happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment