Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My favorite Rite-Aid deals 6/12 - 6/18

I was happy with a few deals I was able to score at Rite Aid this week.  Here is what I bought:

4 AXE deodorants
On sale 2 for $8.88 plus earn $3 in +UPs when you buy 2.  I bought 4, used 2 Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupons from the 5/22 Red Plum coupon insert, so the out-of-pocket cost was $8.88 or $2.22 each.  I came away with $6 in +UPs.

1 Dial body wash
On sale for $3.99 plus earn $1 +UP.  I bought one and used the $2 off coupon in the 6/12 Red Plum coupon insert, so the out-of-pocket cost was $1.99.  I earned the $1 +UP.

2 Arm & Hammer toothpastes
On sale for $3.99 each plus earn $3 +UPs for each one (limit is 2 per person, I believe).  I bought 2, used 2 $1 off coupons from the 5/8 Red Plum insert (I think?), and paid $2.99 each out-of-pocket.  I earned $6 in +UPs.

1 Bayer Advanced aspirin
On sale for $3.99 plus earn $1.99 +UP.  I bought 1, used the $2 off coupon from the 6/12 SmartSource coupon insert, and paid $1.99 out-of-pocket.  I earned $1.99 +UP and submitted the $1.99 mail-in rebate in the 6/12 SmartSource insert, which makes this deal better than free!

1 $25 iTunes gift card
I used the $5 off a $25 iTunes gift card coupon in the Rite Aid sales ad.  I was going to let my kids share it, but decided it will be my reward for all of my couponing efforts.  :-)

1 package Carefree panty liners
They sell for $1 and I used a $1 coupon from one of the Sunday inserts several weeks back (sorry, I don't remember which one!), making them FREE.

The retail cost was $67.37  but after sales, coupons, and $1 +UP I had from a previous order, I paid $37.30 (a savings of  about 55%) plus collected $14.99 in +UPs to be used on another order.

And speaking of another order, I later used some of those +UPs to score FREE Lysol wipes!  Here's how:

The 35-count canisters of Lysol wipes are on sale 2/$4.  Rite Aid is also running a promotion where you earn $5 +UPs when you buy $15 in select Lysol products.  I bought 8 canisters ($16, which qualified me for the $5 +UP reward) and used 3 $1 off 2 coupons (1 was from the 6/12 SmartSource insert and 2 were from a SmartSource insert in May - 5/22, I think) and a $1 coupon I had from donating to their Children's Miracle Network drive a while back.  Coupons brought the total down to $12, then I used 4 of the $3 +UPs I earned on the transaction above.  I paid only the tax ($1.28) and received another $5 +UPs to use in the future.  The best part?  The cashier told me, "Wow, that's some smart shopping!" 

I will still get annoyed when my kids make their giant messes, but at least I can be happy that the wipes I'm using were free!

No comments:

Post a Comment