Sunday, November 13, 2011

Start earning gas points at Tops today

Today is the start of the new gas points earning period at Tops!  If you're not familiar with the gas points program, you can earn 1 point per dollar spent, plus 10 bonus points per manufacturer coupon redeemed.  Keep in mind that there is a limit of 100 bonus points per transaction from coupons, so if you are planning on using more than 10 coupons, you may want to do separate transactions to get credit for all of them.  For every 100 points you earn, you'll get $0.10 off per gallon of gas.  Earn points now through the end of the year.

Using my coupons at Tops for the gas points has been a huge savings for me.  Last night I redeemed my points from the previous earnings period. After my $2.20/gallon discount, I paid $1.43 per gallon and was able to get a bit over 24 gallons of gas for $35.45.  In the past, I've paid as little as $0.47 per gallon., and I have my sights set high again this time around! :-)

Unfortunately, if you're in the Rochester area, there aren't too many Tops gas stations.  I regularly shop at the Mt. Read location in Greece, and they are supposed to be getting one at some point which will be so much more convenient for me.  Find a gas station location here.

2 comments:

  1. hi, do you know if you can use your keytag to redeem the points?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used the keytag because I lost it before it ever made it onto my keychain (oops!). I always go inside and prepay for my gas at the gas station and I'm almost positive the man in line in front of me on Saturday redeemed his points using his keytag, though. I'm sure they could tell you for sure at customer service.

    ReplyDelete