Monday, June 18, 2012

6/17 - 6/23 Tops deals: trip #1

I didn't get a chance to blog about yesterday's Tops trip at the time, so here it is now...
I will be doing a MAJOR yogurt and fruit snacks stock up this week, and I have planned at least 4 trips this week in order to abide my the store coupon policy.  Here is the breakdown of yesterday's trip:

4 boxes Betty Crocker fruit snacks - $0.40 each, see note
On sale 4/$4 (must buy quantities of 4 to get this price), used 2 $0.60 off 2 coupons (double to $1.20) printed from here (there is also a $0.50 off 2 coupon here)
Note: Before shopping, I activated the $0.50 off 2 eCoupon at SavingStar.  After I get the eCoupon amount refunded to me, my final out-of-pocket cost will be $1.10 for all 4, or
$0.28 each!

3 boxes (10-pack) Kool-Aid jammers - $1.50 each
On sale 5/$10, used a $0.75 off 3 coupon (doubles to $1.50) from the 5/6 SmartSource coupon insert

2 boxes Silver Palate oatmeal - $0.99 each, see note
On sale for $1.99 each, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from boxes of Silver Palate products previously purchased
Note: The oatmeal I bought has a bunch of Silver Palate coupons inside the box that can be matched up with sales the week.  Or, you can wait on them because these coupons have no expiration date (rare!).  Inside the box is also a mail-in-rebate offer for a free product coupon when you send in the purchase requirements.

2 cartons (1/2 gallon) Silk Almond milk - $1.80 each
On sale 2/$6, used 2 $0.60 coupons (double to $1.20) from here
Notes: There is also a $1.25 off 2 coupon here and a $1 off 1 coupon here.  If you are headed to Target, I believe I saw in their ad that Silk is $2.99 this week, so if you are using  one of these  non-doubling coupon you would get a slightly better deal there.

4 cartons YoCrunch yogurt - $0.28 each
On sale 10/$6, used a $0.65 off 4 coupons (doubles to $1.30) from here

20 cartons Yoplait yogurt - $0.48 each, see notes
On sale 20/$12, used 2 $0.60 off 8 coupons (double to $1.20) printed from here (there is  also a $0.50 off 8 coupon here)
Notes: Buying 20 Yoplait yogurts earned me both $2.00 and $1.25 Catalina coupons.  I'll be using these on other trips to help bring down my out-of-pocket costs, which is especially helpful for things without coupons (like fresh produce).  I also activated a $0.40 off 6 eCoupon at SavingStar before shopping, which will make the net cost even less.

The retail cost of this trip was $53.69 and I paid $22.96 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of 57%.  My gas points discount is now at $2.40 per gallon .

I'm heading back out today to take advantage of the sales to stock up on things my family eats a lot of, as well as some other deals throughout the week.  I'll be back to update on today's trip later.

No comments:

Post a Comment