Tuesday, October 9, 2012

10/7 - 10/13 Tops trip #3: Catalina deal

Today was my most expensive Tops trip of the week so far:

2 boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes - $0.50 each, see noteOn sale 10/$10, used a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) printed from here
Note: I think I forgot to point this out with yesterday's purchase, but there is a $0.50 off 2 eCoupon for these over at SavingStar.  Be sure to activate it before you go shopping!

4 jars of Heinz gravy - $0.50 each, see note
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons from previously purchased jars in my stockpile
Note: These are part of a store promo where you earn 200 bonus gas points when you buy 8 select products.  I like deals like these, but in this case I didn't have enough coupons to make it worth my while to buy 8 products.

4 boxes Fisher Boy fish sticks - $2.00 each, see note
On sale 2/$7, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here
Note: These, along with the veggies below, are part of a Catalina deal: get a $5 Catalina coupon when you buy $20 in select products or get a $10 Catalina when you buy $30.

3 bags Green Giant Seasoned Steamers frozen vegetables - $1.00 each
On sale 5/$10, used 3 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here

The retail cost of this transaction was $45.87 and I spent $14.00 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of 69%.  Plus, I have a $5 Catalina coupon I can use on a future shopping trip to lower my out-of-pocket costs.

Believe it or not, I still have at least 2 more trips I'm planning to make this week.  Stay tuned for more shopping results!

2 comments:

  1. Did your cat print out ok ? I bought 4 fruitcups and 6 bags of veggies and my cat did not print, they try to tell me it as because I used coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Cat printed out just fine. If you bought the products for the deal, I would definitely take your receipt and pursue it at customer service. Coupons should have no effect on the Cat printing out. Twice in the past I had issues with a one not printing -- 1 time they force printed it for me and another time they gave me the cash back. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete