Friday, February 1, 2013

Additional 1/27 - 2/2 Tops shopping: paper product stock up

I've made 2 more trips to Tops since my last blog post.  At the end of the post I'll mention a couple deals I had planned on getting but had no luck when I got to the store.  On a positive note, I was able to stock up on paper goods and earn tons of gas points in the process! 

Here is a look at yesterday's shopping trip:
1 roll Reynold's Heavy Duty foil - $1.50, see note
On sale 2/$6, used a $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) printed from their website
Note: These are part of a gas points promo -- earn an extra 200 gas points when you buy 5 select items.

4 packages Hefty foam plates/bowls - $1.17 each, see note
On sale 3/$5, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons printed from here (I'm not seeing them now, but I'm not sure if it's because they are no longer available or because I already printed them) -- there is also a $1/2 coupon in the 1/27 Red Plum coupon insert
Note: These are also part of the above 200 bonus gas points deal.

2 bags Quaker Perfect Portions Oatmeal - $0.50 each
On sale 2/$3, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from here (there is also a $1 off 2 coupon in the January issue of All You magazine, making them $1 each)

4 packages Land 'O Frost lunch meat - $1.90 each
On sale 2/$6, used 4 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here (be sure to scroll through all the coupons, since there are currently 2 of them available -- there is also a $1 coupon in the 1/6 and 1/27 Red Plum coupon inserts, making them $2 each)

1 package Marcal toilet paper (not pictured) - $3.99
On sale for $4.99, used a $1 coupon from their Facebook page (there is also a $1 coupon in the 1/27 Red Plum insert)
The retail cost of yesterday's transaction was $49.88 and I paid $19.93 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of  60%.

And here is a rundown of today's transaction:

1 roll Reynold's Heavy Duty foil - $1.50, see note
On sale 2/$6, used a $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) printed from their website
Note: These are part of a gas points promo -- earn an extra 200 gas points when you buy 5 select items.

4 packages Hefty foam plates/bowls - $1.17 each, see note
On sale 3/$5, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons printed from here (there is also a $1/2 coupon in the 1/27 Red Plum coupon insert)
Note: These are also part of the above 200 bonus gas points deal.

4 packages Land 'O Frost lunch meat - $1.90 each
On sale 2/$6, used 4 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here (be sure to scroll through all the coupons, since there are currently 2 of them available -- there is also a $1 coupon in the 1/6 and 1/27 Red Plum coupon inserts, making them $2 each)

18 Yoplait yogurts - $0.37 each, see notes
On sale 20/$10, used 3 $0.40 off 6 coupons printed from here (instead of doubling to $0.80, they doubled to $0.79 for some reason??) printed from here
Notes: This triggered at $1.25 Catalina coupon good towards my next shopping trip!  Also, activate the $0.40 off 6 eCoupon at SavingStar before heading to the store and get some money rebated back to you.

I also had a random Catalina print out good for a FREE Luna bar. :-)

The retail cost of today's trip was $50.13 and I paid $21.17 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of approximately 58%.

As of now now, I have a gas discount of $1.70 per gallon, and I will go back again tomorrow for more paper goods and yogurt which should get me up to $2.00. I can't believe I've earned so many gas points already, and we're only in the first week of earning! 

I was unable to get the items below at my store, but I'm going to list them for you in case your store has them in stock because I think they're good deals:

  • Hefty cups are 3/$5 and included in the '200 gas points when you buy 5 select items' deal.  There is a $0.75 off 2 coupon here, making them $0.92 each (there is also a $1 off 2 coupon in the 1/27 Red Plum, making them $1.17 each) .  Unfortunately, my store doesn't seem to carry them. :-(
  • Wholly Salsa is BOGO ($2.99) and there is a $1.50 coupon here, making them 2 for $1.49 (or $0.75 each).  I saw these at my store a few weeks ago when the Wholly Guacamole was on sale and of course now that I want to buy these, I don;t even see a spot in the case for them any more. :-(
Until next time, happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment