Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tops 11/25 - 12/1 shopping: free coffee & other cheapies

Between having a sick child at home this week, parent-teacher conferences at school, and a less than stellar Tops sales circular, grocery shopping was a low priority for me this week.  Rarely does my first shopping trip of the week happen on a Thursday night! Here is a look at tonight's shopping trip:

6 packages Nescafe Taster's Choice coffee sticks - 2 for FREE, 4 @ $0.25 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here and 2 $0.75 off 2 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here (must register)

2 Quaker Real Medleys oatmeal cups - $0.50 each
On sale 2/$3, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from the 11/4 Red Plum coupon insert

4 Uncle Bens rice bowls - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons from the 10/7 SmartSource coupon insert

4 Blistex lip balms - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons from the 11/11 SmartSource coupon insert

1 bottle Top Care migraine relief - $3.29
Not on sale and no coupon, but I had the mother of all headaches tonight and was out of my beloved Excedrin Migraine :-(

3 roasting chickens - $0.50/lb.
On sale for $0.99/lb., used a raincheck from a previous sale

The retail cost of this shopping trip was $58.77 and I paid $19.33 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of 67%.  I am also up a $1.90 per gallon gas discount.

I will probably make one more trip to Tops either tomorrow or Saturday, since I do have some more coupons I'd like to use this week.  Until then, happy shopping!

P.S. -- Here's another awesome deal I would have loved to take advantage of tonight (unfortunately, this coupon has not been reset so I'm unable to print it again):

YoCrunch yogurt - On sale 10/$6, there is a $0.25 coupon (doubles to $0.50) on their website, making the final price just $0.10.  If you're unlike me and haven't already printed this coupon, you can get almost free yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment