Sunday, February 26, 2012

2/26 - 3/3 Tops deals

Since I seemed to see Tops stores everywhere I went today, I stopped into several of them to pick up some deals (and stay within their coupon policy).  At the end of the day here is what I walked away with:

1 loaf of Bimbo bread - FREE, see note
On sale for $2, used a free item Tops store coupon from playing their 50th anniversary game
Note: This was not the bread specified on the coupon (it was supposed to be the 16 oz. whole wheat loaf), but they had none in stock.  I asked at customer service if they would allow a substitution or issue a raincheck because the coupon expired today and they weren't getting any bread deliveries today.  After the customer service clerk made a couple of phone calls, they said I could grab any other Bimbo loaf.  Yay!

2 packages Butterball turkey bacon - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$3, used the $1 off 2 coupon from the 1/15 SmartSource coupon insert (expires today if you are planning on using it!)

4 chunks of Heluva Good cheese - $0.74 each
On sale for $1.74 each, used 4 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here

9 boxes of Mueller's pasta - FREE
On sale 10/$10, used 10 $0.55 coupons ("double" up to $1 since no overage is allowed) printed from the Mueller's website (must be a new registration -- be aware that mine printed with a 2/29 expiration date.  If you register after 2/29, maybe you'll get a further expiration?)

4 bottles (64 oz) Snapple - FREE
On sale 2/$4, used 4 Tops store coupons from playing their anniversary game

The retail cost was $47.90 and I paid $4.96 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of approximately 90%.  I am now at a gas discount of $1.20.

I have more pasta coupons, so I will probably grab some more in the next couple of days since I am always looking to increase my pasta stockpile (we eat a lot of it around here!).

There are a few more deals I'm considering buying later this week including:

Kellogg's Pop-Tarts (don't laugh -- they are one of my guilty pleasures!)
On sale 2/$4, use the $0.70 coupons here (double to $1.40 = $0.60 each

Smithfield marinated pork tenderloin
On sale for $6.99 each, use the $2 Tops coupon from their anniversary game stacked with the $1 coupon available from their Facebook page (see the 2/16 wall post) = $3.99
Note: The Facebook coupon doesn't state "manufacturer coupon" on it, so I'm waiting to see if I find anyone posting on their wall that stores aren't accepting it.  It's also more than my typical $1.99/pound limit, so I really have to think about this purchase!

There is also a Quaker oatmeal deal I'll consider if I can find the right coupons to make it the right price for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment