Sunday, January 27, 2013

1/27 - 2/2 Tops shopping: racking up gas points!

Today was the start of the new gas points earning period at Tops, and boy do I love their gas points!  I was out and about near two Tops stores today, so I ended up doing a transaction at each (remember, you get 10 gas points per manufacturer coupon redeemed, with a limit of 100 points per transaction -- maximize your points by using no more than 10 coupons per transaction!).  Here is a look at the deals I picked up today:
Transaction 1

4 bags Chex mix - 2 @$0.80 each, 2 @ $1.00 each, see notes
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $0.60 coupons (double to $1.20) from here (I printed it a while ago but don't see it now, so hopefully it's not gone) and 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from here, I think (but I don't see them here either now -- sorry!)
Notes: There is a gas points promo associated with these -- get 3x the gas points on them!  Also, be sure to activate the $0.50 eCoupon at SavingStar before heading to the store to get some money refunded back to you and lower you final price.

1 package Marcal toilet paper - $3.99
On sale for $4.99, used the $1 coupon from the 1/27 Red Plum coupon insert (there is also a $1 coupon on their Facebook page)
Note: After my transaction was rung up, I received a $1 Catalina coupon good towards any paper towel purchase.  I'm guessing it was triggered by this.

8 boxes Capri Sun - $1.50 each, see note
On sale 5/$10, used 2 B3G1 free coupons from the 1/6 SmartSource coupon insert
Note: These are part of a gas points promo where you earn 200 bonus gas points when you buy 7 select items.

1 bottle Marie's yogurt dressing - $1.00, see note
On sale 2/$4, used a $1 coupon I was received via email for signing up for their email list
Note: I also activated the $1.00 SavingStar eCoupon last week, making my final price free after I cash out my reward.  It looks like it is now sold out, so hopefully you were all able to get it before it was gone!

5 Hillshire sausages - $1.60 each
On sale B2G3 free ($8.98), used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 1/13 Red Plum coupon insert


The retail cost of this transaction was $73.71 and I paid $27.25 after coupons and discounts (I also used a $3.00 Catalina coupon I received last week), for a savings of 63%.

Now on to today's 2nd transaction...

1 roll Tops paper towels - $0.29
On sale for $1.29, used the $1 Catalina coupon from earlier in the day

4 boxes Capri Sun - $1.50 each, see note
On sale 5/$10, used a B3G1 free coupon from the 1/6 SmartSource coupon insert
Note: These are part of a gas points promo where you earn 200 bonus gas points when you buy 7 select items.

3 packages Kraft Fresh Take - $1.50 each, see note
On sale 4/$10, used 3 $1 coupons I think I printed from here a while ago, but they seem to be unavailable now (sorry!)
Note: These are part of the same promo as the Capri Sun above.

2 bags Wonderful Pistachios - $2.49 each
On sale for $2.99 each, used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 1/27 Red Plum coupon insert

5 Hillshire sausages - $1.60 each
On sale B2G3 free ($8.98), used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 1/13 Red Plum coupon insert

2 cartons Muller yogurt - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used a BOGO Catalina coupon that had printed on a previous shopping trip (Ironically, the woman in line ahead of me had one print out but didn't want it and gave it to me.  Yay for more cheap yogurt coupons!)

1 Good 'n Natural protein bar - FREE
On sale 10/$10, used a free product coupon from the 1/6 Red Plum coupon insert

2 packages Land O' Frost lunch meat - $2.00 each
On sale 2/$6, used 2 $1 coupons from the 1/6 Red Plum coupon insert (there is also a $1 coupon in the 1/27 Red Plum)
The retail cost of the second transaction was $70.30 and I paid $29.49 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of 58%.

I'm most excited about having a $0.70 per gallon discount already on just the first day of the new gas points earning period!

I will be shopping at least once, probably twice, to get some more deals (more of today's deals plus some others, like crackers) so stay tuned for more Tops deals.  Until then, happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment