Tuesday, January 29, 2013

More 1/27 - 2/2 Tops shopping: cheap seasoning & oatmeal

I made a trip to Tops yesterday and again today to grab some deals and earn gas points.  Here is a peak at yesterday's transaction:
1 bag Chex Mix - $1.00, see notes below
On sale 2/$4, used a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) I previously printed from here but no longer seems to be available
Notes: These are earning 3x the gas points this week!  Make sure to activate the $0.50 eCoupon at SavingStar before heading to the store.  Also, reader Katrina pointed out that these are on sale at Walgreens this week for $0.99 -- so just $0.49 after the coupon.  Thanks, Katrina!

2 bags Quaker Perfect Portions oatmeal - $0.50 each
On sale 2/$3, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from here (there is also a $1 off 2 coupon in the January issue of All You magazine, making them $1 each)

10 packets McCormick taco seasoning - $0.60 each, see notes
On sale 10/$10, used 4 $0.50 off 2 coupons (double to $1) printed from here
Notes: These are part of a promo where you earn a $3 Catalina coupon when you buy 10.  Normally, I would've had access to a 3rd computer to print and use another $0.50 coupon (your cashier may or may not double a 5th coupon, as it's Tops' policy to only double 4 like coupons) but I was having printing issues. :-( Still a good deal with only 4 coupons in my opinion, seeing how my kids love the "Taco Tuesdays" I've been instituting lately.

2 packages Land O' Frost lunch meat - $2.00 each
On sale 2/$6, used a $1 coupon from each of the 1/6  and 1/27 Red Plum coupon inserts

2 cartons Muller yogurt - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used a BOGO Catalina coupon unwanted by a shopper in line ahead of me the other day :-)

The retail cost of this trip was $31.63 and I paid $13.00 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of about 59%.

And here is a look at what I picked up today (a lot of repeats)...
4 boxes Keebler crackers - $1.25 each
On sale 4/$10, plus part of promo where you get $2 off automatically when you buy 4 (making the $2 each), used 2 $0.50 coupons printed from here (double to $1 -- hopefully the link works for you, it was emailed to me for being registered with Kellogg's Family Rewards but I could only print 2 total instead of 2 per computer) and a $1 off 2 coupon from the 1/27 Red Plum insert (there is also a $1 off 2 printable coupon here)

2 bags Chex Mix - $1.00 each, see notes in previous transaction above
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) I previously printed from here but no longer available

2 bags Quaker Perfect Portions oatmeal - $0.50 each
On sale 2/$3, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from here

1 package Marcal toilet paper - $3.99
On sale for $4.99, used a $1 coupon from their Facebook page (there is also a $1 coupon in the 1/27 Red Plum insert)

5 Hillshire Farms sausages - $1.60 each
On sale B2G3 free ($8.98), used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 1/13 Red Plum coupon insert

I also used the $3 Catalina coupon from yesterday's McCormick seasoning purchase.

The total retail cost of this transaction was $57.16 and I paid $17.53 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of 69%.  I am now at a $1.00 per gallon gas discount, and I'll probably hit up the store at least once more this week to take advantage of their gas points deal featuring paper products!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment