Friday, February 17, 2012

2/12 - 2/18 Tops deals

I'm sorry for not posting my Tops deals earlier in the week, but it seems like I haven't been home long enough on any one day to sit down and blog.  The above picture is a fraction of what I bought in total, since I made several small trips to Tops throughout the week for a bunch of reasons -- to stay within the store's coupon policy (only 4 like coupons double and 1 like store coupon per transaction), to maximize gas points (10 bonus gas points per manufacturer coupon with a maximum of 100 points per transaction), and because I really didn't have enough time to stay in the store very long on a shopping trip.
Keeping in mind that I split these up into a bunch of transactions over the course of the week, here is the list and breakdown of this week's total purchases:

32 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks - $0.50 each
On sale 4/$4, used 2 $0.50 off 2 coupons (double to $1) for each set of 4 boxes I bought.  Coupons were printed from here (I don't see them at this link now, so they may no longer be available), here (use zip 77477 if you don't see it), and here.
Note:  In order to get them at the $1 per box sale price you MUST buy them in quantities of 4, otherwise they are priced individually at $2 each.  Yes, I realize that 32 boxes sounds excessive but at $0.50 per box this is absolutely a dirt cheap stock-up price for me.  I also see that my son has polished off 2 boxes already, so I really don't think they will last as long as I had originally hoped. :-/

4 tubes of Tops refrigerated biscuits - $0.19 each
Priced at $0.69 each, I used 2 $1 off 2 Tops brand items coupons from their anniversary game

2 bottles Palmolive dish soap - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used the $1 off 2 coupon from the 1/29 SmartSource (I think?) coupon insert
Note: I don't use too much dish soap, but since this is the first Palmolive coupon I've gotten that didn't have a size restriction on it, I jumped on the deal. All of my other Palmolive coupons have always specified the 20 oz. minimum size and these bottles are 10 oz.

2 cans Starkist tuna - $0.50 each
On sale 4/$5, used the $0.75 off 2 tearpad coupon I found hanging on the tuna shelf
Note: I mainly bought these because with the new coupon bar code I can't easily tell which coupons double and which don't.  Since my store's registers aren't updated for the new bar codes yet, the coupon was entered manually and doubled.  I saw these tearpads on Monday and was surprised that as of today there were still TONS of them left. 

4 packets Tops chicken gravy mix - $0.25 each
On sale 4/$3, used 2 $1 off 2 Tops brand items coupons from their anniversary game

6 packages 80/20 ground beef - various, see below
The smaller packages were on sale for $3.39/lb (ridiculous in my opinion -- the most I'll pay is $1.99/lb, which is what Wegmans sells their club packs for).  I found the smallest packages to match up with my $2 store coupons from the Tops anniversary game.  When all was said and done, I bought 6.16 pounds of meat for $8.89 (retail was $20.89 -- how crazy is that?!?) which works out to an average of $1.44/lb.

2 boxes Shake & Bake - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$4, used the $1 off 2 coupon from the 2/12 SmartSource coupon insert

6 cans Tops tuna - $0.50 each
Priced at 10/$10, used 3 $1 off 2 Tops brand items coupons from their anniversary game

6 boxes Better Oats oatmeal - $0.92 each
On sale 4/$5, used 2 $1 off 3 coupons printed from here (need to register)

2 bottles of Coffee-Mate liquid coffee creamer - $0.90 each
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here (need to register)

20 cans Campbell's chciken noodle and tomato soup - $0.40 each
On sale 10/$6, used 4 $1 off 5 coupons printed from here
Note: I've paid less than this during a good sale ($0.23/can last time, I think) but we eat a lot of soup and I didn't want to risk running out before another great sale.  Plus, I recently donated food to a couple of food drives and I wanted to make sure we didn't run low from doing that as well.

2 packages Smithfield bacon - $2.99 each
On sale BOGO ($5.99), used the $1 coupon from the 1/29 SmartSource couopn insert
Note: This isn't a great bacon price for me, but my husband and kids are on a bacon kick lately.  I was afraid if I didn't buy these and have them in the house, hubby would go out and spend a lot more on bacon.  I love him dearly but he is NOT a good grocery shopper! ;-)

2 bags Tops frozen vegetables - $0.75 each
On sale 4/$5, used a $1 off 2 Tops brand items coupon from their anniversary game

4 boxes Yoplait Go-gurt - $1.50 each
On sale 5/$10, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons from the 2/5 General Mills coupon insert
Note: In the past I've always been able to find better printable coupons online for these but I had no such luck this time around.  My freezer stock is getting low, so I hope we'll see some good printables the next time there is a sale.

The total retail cost of my groceries this week was $213.52 and after discounts and coupons I paid $63.57, for a savings of approximately 70%.  I am also up to $1.00 off per gallon of gas.

Here is another deal I would have loved to take advantage of:

YoCrunch yogurt cups are on sale this week 10/$6.  There are coupons for $0.65 off 4 (which double to $1.30) available to print here, making them $0.28 each.  Plus, if you buy 8 of them in one transaction, you will earn a Catalina coupon good for $1 off your next shopping trip.  Unfortunately these coupons have not been reset, so if you are like me and printed them for the last sale a couple of weeks ago, you will be unable to print them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment