Saturday, February 4, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 5 in review

As part of the Frugal Makes Cents Money Saving Challenge, here is the list of things I did this week to help save money:
  • I stayed home 3 days, which saved money on gas.
  • I combined errands on my outings, also to save gas.
  • I matched sales and coupons at Tops and Wegmans to save money on my groceries, then deposited some of those savings in a bank account.
  • I used the crockpot one day (saving electricity) to make bean soup (cheap meal!).
  • I mailed in a rebate, which will get me a coupon for a free product.
  • I named my 2 younger kids to the "Electricity Police" in an attempt to get them excited about shutting off extra lights that don't need to be turned on.  There have been times I've walked through my house and found nearly every single darn light turned on, even though I know I turned them off earlier.  They seem kind of enthusiastic, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off quickly.  I'll take whatever help I can get, though!
If you are doing anything in particular to save money or live more frugally, I'd love for you to leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment