Saturday, February 18, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 7 in review

Here is a look back at the things I did this week to save money...
  • I matched sales and coupons at Tops to lower my grocery spending, earning a gas discount of $1.00 per gallon in the process.  I also matched sales and coupons at CVS to buy my husband his toothpaste of choice.
  • I combined errands on outings to help save on gas usage.
  • I received a "Big Fat Check" from Ebates from my online shopping.
  • I returned my cans and bottles when I went grocery shopping, which helped lower the out-of-pocket cost of my groceries.
  • I took my son out for lunch for the first time in ages, which cost me more money than if we'd stayed home, but I did use a coupon to take $3 off our bill. :-/
  • I made sure my dishwasher was full before running it, and I cut my dishwashing tablets in half.
Overall, I don't feel like this was one of my strongest weeks in the saving money department.  Hopefully I'll feel better about next week. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up. I love that you were able to get a $1 discount off your gas. Wish you lots of savings next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Maria! Good luck to you as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete