Thursday, December 13, 2012

12/9 - 12/15 Tops shopping: cheap veggies & free pasta

I feel like this week has been such a whirlwind for me -- trying to finish up Christmas shopping, finally getting the tree up and decorated, baking cookies, and getting a jump on wrapping presents -- that grocery shopping has not been much of a priority for me.  That said, I did find a few deals I wanted from Tops this week (although I didn't feel the much of the sale love with this week's ad):
1 loaf Tops bread - FREE
On sale for $1.29, used my anniversary points for a free loaf

2 bags Wonderful Almonds - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$6 (to be honest, I didn't see these in the ad but I noticed them when I walked through the produce department), used 2 $0.75 peelie coupons (double to $1.50) found on the bags (there is also a $0.50 coupon in the11/18 SmartSource coupon insert, which would make the final price $2)
Note: These each earned 5 bonus anniversary points.

1 bag Cuties clementines - $1.88
On sale for $2.88, used a $0.50 coupon from the 12/2 SmartSource coupon insert (the coupon states "do not double" but it doubled automatically)

2 bags BirdsEye Steamfresh frozen vegetables - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.50 off 2 coupon (doubles to $1) from the 11/18 SmartSource coupon insert

2 bags Farm Rich frozen snacks - $2.99 each, see notes below
On sale for $4.99 each, used 2 $2 coupons I received in an email for being registered in the "Keep 'em happy" club (there is also a $0.75 coupon you can print when you first register here)
Notes: These each earned 5 bonus anniversary points.  These were part of a gas points promo: earn an extra 200 gas points ($0.20 per gallon) when you buy 6 select items.
 
2 bags Totino's pizza rolls - $2.50 each, see note
On sale 2/$6, used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 10/7 General Mills coupon insert coupon insert
Notes:  These were part of a gas points promo: earn an extra 200 gas points ($0.20 per gallon) when you buy 6 select items.

2 pints Perry's ice cream - $2.00 each, see note
On sale 2/$4, no coupons
Notes: These each earned 5 bonus anniversary points. These were part of a gas points promo: earn an extra 200 gas points ($0.20 per gallon) when you buy 6 select items.  I figured since I was already buying 4 of the 6 needed items for the gas promo and I was in the mood for dessert, I'd just go ahead and get these. ;-)

The retail cost of this trip was $47.38 and I paid $20.86 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of approximately 56%.  I'm at a gas discount of $3.10 per gallon right now, with 2 more weeks of shopping left in this gas points earning period.  I've gotten gas for super cheap before, but never free. Maybe this time around I'll do it!

I'm well stocked with pasta, but if you need some here's how to get it for FREE this week...

Mueller's pasta is on sale 10/$10.  If you register at their website (if you've registered before, you'll need to use a new email address), you'll be sent a link for a $0.55 coupon.  When the coupon doubles, you'll get it for free!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment