Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tops 12/30 - 1/5 shopping: trip #1 freebies, cheapies & extra gas points

First of all, I apologize for not posting any good shopping deals the past couple of weeks.  With Christmas craziness abound, grocery shopping just wasn't a big priority for me (thanks in part to a nice stockpile from previous couponing!).  I'm back and was ready to hit the store today, though, to use up some coupons expiring tomorrow.  And to add to my coupon-induced happiness, I was excited to see that Tops is extending their gas points earning period until 1/12 with redemption until 1/26.  I already have earned enough to get free gas, so this news was just icing on the cake for me. :-)  Here is a look at the few items I bought today:
4 boxes Swiss Miss cocoa - 2 @ $1.66 each, 2 @ $1.23 each
2 varieties were on sale 2/$4, 2 were BOGO ($2.79), used a $1 off 3 coupon from the 12/9 SmartSource coupon insert

1 bottle Kikkoman soy sauce - FREE
Priced at $1.39, used a $0.75 coupon ("doubled" up to $1.39) printed from here

2 Duncan Hines Frosting Creations flavorings - FREE
Priced at 10/$10, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here -- expires 12/31

1 Wholly Guacamole - $0.88
On sale for $1.88, used a $1 coupon from a Keebler coupon booklet I picked up a while ago at a Keebler display at Wegmans (however, there is also a $1 printable on their Facebook page here -- note that the FB coupon states only 1 coupon per transaction)

2 tubs Smart Balance spreadable butter - $0.50 each
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here (there is also a $0.50 coupon, which will double to $1, on their Facebook page)

2 bottle Scope mouthwash - $1.49 each
On sale for $2.99, used 2 $1.50 coupons from the 11/4 Red Plum coupon insert -- expire 12/31 (I believe there was also a $1 coupon in today's Proctor & Gamble coupon insert)

1 bottle Crest Pro-Health mouthwash - $3.49
On sale for $5.49, used a $2 coupon I picked up at my dentist's office

1 bottle Excedrin Migraine - $3.79
No coupon, but it was on sale and I really needed it today :-)

The retail total of this shopping trip was $43.78 and after coupons and discounts I paid $18.85, for a savings of almost 57%.

I will definitely be making multiple trips to the store this week, so stay tuned for more shopping deals.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment