Monday, October 17, 2011

10/16 - 10/22 Tops deals

Overall, this was a pretty disappointing sales week for me at Tops.  I did buy a few things today:

Transaction 1

9 boxes of Better Oats oatmeal - $0.67 each
On sale for $1 each, used 3 $1 off 3 coupons printed from here (my printer messed up so I didn't get my 4th coupon -- grr!!)

12 cans of Campbell's Select Harvest soup - $0.75 each
On sale 4/$5, used 4 $1.50 off 3 coupons printed from here

2 boxes of Pop Secret microwave popcorn - $1.25 each
On sale BOGO ($3.49), used $1 off 2 coupon from the 9/11 SmartSource coupon insert

A bunch of notes:  If I had been paying better attention, I probably wouldn't have bought the popcorn.  I realized after I got home that there are only 3 bags in each box, so I think I could've gotten a better deal by buying the store brand at Wegmans or Aldi.  I also forgot to use my $3.00 Catalina coupon I earned last week.  What can I say?  It's a Monday!  :-)  Buying the soup seems to have triggered a Catalina coupon for $1.25 off 5 Campbell's Select Harvest soups.  Since I need to stock up on soup, I may go back and use this later in the week.  Also, I had Puffs coupons and had planned to buy those today in this transaction but there was a notice on the shelf stating there was a typo in the ad. Instead of being $1 each, they were 4/$5 which didn't make them cheap enough for me.

Total retail cost was $54.57 and after discounts and coupons I paid $18.49 (I also made a $1 donation to the Golisano Children's fund at the register) for a savings of of 66%.

Transaction 2

4 packages Hot Pockets - $1.50 each
On sale for $2 each, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons found here

8 containers of Yoplait yogurt - $0.48 each
On sale 20/$12, used a $0.50 off 8 coupon (doubles to $1.00) printed from here

I also bought some produce (no coupons).

Total retail was $23.57 and I paid $13.79 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of about 41%.

Overall, I spent $32.28 for $78.14 worth of groceries, or a savings of approximately 59%.  After today's transactions, I'm at $1.50 off per gallon of gas. Not the best week, so hopefully next week's sale will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment