Sunday, October 2, 2011

10/2 - 10/8 Tops deals

I wanted to take advantage of the Planters peanut butter sale before my coupons expired, so I went out and purchased two transactions at Tops.  Here is what I bought:

Transaction 1

4 Farm Rich appetizers - $3.49 each, see note below
On sale for $4.99 each, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) found here

3 Fisher Boy fish sticks - $2 each, see note below
On sale 2/$7, used 3 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) found here

Note: The Farm Rich appetizers and Fisher Boy fish sticks are part of a Tops promo: buy $30 in select products, get a $10 coupon for your next shopping trip or buy $20 in select products, get a $5 coupon.   Since I bought $30 (pre-coupons), I received a $10 Catalina coupon.

6 jars Planters peanut butter - $0.88 each
On sale $1.88 each, used 3 $1 off 2 coupons from the 8/21 SmartSource coupon insert (these expire today, 10/2), plus used 3 $1 Tops dollar doubler coupons from the ad

1 Van's Natural Foods frozen waffles - $0.49
On sale for $2.49, used $1 coupon from "liking" their Facebook page, plus used $1 Tops doubler

Total retail cost was $64.56 and the total after discounts and coupons was $25.73, for a savings of 60%.  Plus, I received a Catalina coupon worth $10 to put toward my next order.

Transaction 2

4 jars Francesco Rinaldi pasta sauce - $1 each
On sale 10/$10, unfortunately I didn't have a coupon

2 boxes Mrs. T's pierogies - $1 each
On sale 3/$6, used $1 off 2 coupon from the October issue of All You magazine, plus used $1 Tops doubler

2 boxes Barilla piccolini pasta - $0.67 each
On sale 3/$5, used $1 off 2 coupon from the 8/28 SmartSource coupon insert, plus used $1 Tops doubler

1 bottle (64 oz.) Mott's for Tots apple juice - $0.50
On sale for $2.50, used $1 coupon I received in the mail from Vocalpoint (if you're not already a member, I recommend signing up as a way to get great samples and coupons), plus used $1 Tops doubler

1 carton of Marzetti's caramel apple dip - $0.99
On sale for $2.99, used $1 coupon from the 9/18 SmartSource, plus used $1 Tops doubler

8 Yoplait Greek yogurts - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used 4 $0.50 off 2 coupons printed from here

4 boxes of Betty Crocker specialty potatoes - $0.75 each
On sale 4/$5, used 2 $0.50 off 2 coupons from here

Since I also had the $10 Catalina from the first transaction, I used that towards this order.  The total retail value was $45.48, but after discounts and coupons I paid only $5.87 for a savings of about 87%!

A note about the dollar doubler coupons: There is a limit of 4 per customer, with a $15 minimum purchase (before coupons).  Also, when I do separate transactions under normal circumstances, I usually just separate my orders on the belt at the register.  While I don't have proof, I just have a gut feeling that they wouldn't allow this practice with the doubler coupons.  So, I either plan trips on different days or like today, I check out with one transaction, take the groceries out to my car and then return to the store to shop my second transaction (and I also try to go to another cashier, just to be on the safe side!).

No comments:

Post a Comment