Monday, October 22, 2012

10/21 - 10/27 Tops trip #1

To be totally honest, I haven't really looked at this week's Tops ad too carefully.  However, I had to run an errand close to my nearest Tops today so it made sense for me to pop into the store and grab a few things I had coupons for.  Here is a look at what I picked up today:
1 box Betty Crocker muffin mix - $1.00
On sale 2/$4, used a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) I printed a week or so ago but no longer seems to be available (sorry!)

6 boxes Hamburger Helper - $0.50 each, see note
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $0.75 off 3 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here
Note: Each of these earned 5 points in the Tops Free for All game. 

2 boxes Multi-Grain Cheerios - FREE
Used a raincheck from a couple of weeks ago ($1.50 each sale price) plus 2 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here

2 boxes Honey Nut Cheerios - $0.50 each
Used a raincheck from a couple of weeks ago ($1.50 each sale price) plus 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here

3 pouches Betty Crocker cookie mix - 2 @ $0.80 each, 1 @ $1, see note
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $0.60 coupons (double to $1.20) from here and a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) from here (although I'm not seeing it right now, so it may no longer be available)
Note: Be sure you activate the $0.50 eCoupon at SavingStar before you shop, so you can have some money refunded back to you!

1 loaf Tops bread - FREE, see note
On sale for $0.99, used 100 available points from the Tops Free for All game to score a free loaf
Note: If you are going to redeem any of your points for free items, you need to make sure to tell the cashier before the item is rung up. 

The retail cost of this trip was $43.35 and I paid $7.80 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of 82%.  I'm also up to a gas discount of $2.40 per gallon.

Since Saturday is the last day to earn gas points during the current earning period, I will definitely be scouring the ad more carefully and planning more trips throughout the week.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment