Sunday, October 7, 2012

10/7 - 10/13 Tops trip #1: free and cheap cereal

At one point in the recent past, I had close to 30 boxes of cereal in my stockpile.  As of last week, I was down to just a couple.  This week's cereal sale* at Tops couldn't have come at a better time, since I really needed to build up my stockpile again.  Here is a look at my quick trip from this morning:
*Note about the cereal sale: Select General Mills cereals are on sale 4/$6.  You may mix and match the selected cereal varieties, but your total boxes must be in multiples of 4 in order to get the sale price (otherwise they are $2.50 each).

4 boxes of Multi-Grain Cheerios - FREE
On sale 4/$6, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here

2 boxes of Coco Puffs - $0.30 each, see note
On sale 4/$6, used 2 $0.60 coupons (double to $1.20) printed from here (there is also a $0.50 coupon available here)
Note: Be sure to register your Tops Bonus Card and activate the $0.50 Coco Puffs eCoupon at SavingStar before you shop.  It won't lower you initial out-of-pocket cost, but it will make 1 box a money maker after you cash out your SavingStar savings.

2 boxes Honey Nut Cheerios - $0.30 each, see note
On sale 4/$6, used 2 $0.60 coupons (double to $1.20) printed from here (there is also a $0.50 coupon available here)
Note: Before you shop, also activate the $0.50 Honey Nut Cheerios eCoupon at SavingStar.

2 boxes Fisher Boy fish sticks - $2.00 each, see note
On sale 2/$7, used 2 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here
Note: These are part of a store promo where you will earn a $5 Catalina coupon when you spend $20 in select products or a $10 Catalina when you spend $30.  Had I thought about this more before shopping today, I probably would have worked out a deal for this promo. :-(

The total retail cost of this trip was $45.30 and I paid $5.20 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of over 88%, plus I earned another $0.10 off in gas points (I'm currently up to $1.40 off per gallon).

I'll be headed out for more cereal and other sale items this week, so stay tuned for additional Tops shopping list ideas.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment