Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10/21 - 10/27 Tops trip #2

Today marked another quick trip to Tops.  Here is a rundown of my purchases from earlier:
2 Gerber Graduates pouches - FREE, see notes
On sale 3/$4, used 2 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here a couple of weeks ago but seem to be no longer available
Notes: Tops' coupon policy does not allow for overage, so this coupon should have only taken off up to the $1.34 price.  However, the cashier manually entered and doubled it, so I did get some overage on these.  Also, I am a big proponent of only buying products your family will use as a way to save money.  Even though I don't have any babies or toddlers at home and will not use these, I decided to go ahead and buy them for a few reasons: they didn't cost me any money (and I even ended up getting an unexpected overage by buying them), I can donate them to someone who will be able to use them, and I got gas points credit for using these coupons.

6 boxes Hamburger Helper - $0.50 each, see note
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $0.75 off 3 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here
Note: Each of these earned 5 points in the Tops Free for All game.

4 pouches Betty Crocker cookie mix - 2 @ $0.80 each, 2 @ $1 each, see note
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $0.60 coupons (double to $1.20) from here and 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from here (but seems to be no longer be available)
Note: Be sure you activate the $0.50 eCoupon at SavingStar before you shop, so you can have some money refunded back to you!

10 PowerBars - $0.80 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1 off 5 coupons printed from here

The retail cost of this transaction was $42.38 and I paid $14.27 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of 66%.  My gas discount is now up $2.50 per gallon.

I do have at least one more trip planned this week (possibly more, depending on what coupons I can round up), so stay tuned for more shopping ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment