Tuesday, November 1, 2011

10/30 - 11/5 Tops deals

I'm not really sure what to think about today's shopping trip at Tops. On the one hand, I'm a little shocked because I think it's the most money I've spent on any one transaction since I started hard-core couponing earlier this year.  On the other hand, I did save a pretty high percentage of my bill and I walked away with a lot of food.  Anyway, here's what I bought today:

4 cartons of Chobani yogurt - $0.40 each
On sale 10/$10, used 4 $0.30 coupons (double to $0.60) printed from here (sign-up required)
5 Hatfield ham steaks - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$5, used 5 $1.00 coupons (1 from the 10/16 Red Plum coupon insert and 4 from the Red Plum website that I no longer see available)
Notes:  I have picked these up cheaper in the past, but it was still a low enough price for me to justify buying them.  Also, I've already used mine, but if you haven't yet printed the coupon from registering here, it'll get you $2.00 off!  Who doesn't like $0.50 ham steaks?!

8 boxes of Yoplait Go-gurt - $1.25 each
On sale 3/$6, used 4 $0.75 off 2 coupons (double to $1.50) I printed from coupons.com but no longer are available - sorry!
8 packages of Yoplait Trix yogurt - $1.15 each
On sale 3/$6, used 4 $0.85 off 2 coupons (double to $1.70) printed from here (must register)

As you can see, my kids LOVE yogurt. It's a staple in our house!

4 boxes Jolly Time Homemade microwave popcorn - $1.75 each
On sale BOGO ($4.49), used 2 $1.00 off 2 coupons printed from here (sign-up required)

4 boxes Jolly Time Healthy Pop microwave popcorn - $1.75 each
On sale BOGO ($4.49), used 2 $1.00 off 2 coupons also printed from here

4 bags No Yolks egg noodles - $0.87 each
On sale 3/$5, used 4 $0.40 coupons (double to $0.80) printed here
Note:  If you are a Saving Star member, you will also get $0.40 back on this.
2 packages Dole fruit crisp (peach flavor) - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1.00) printed from here
Note: While all the flavors are on sale, this coupon is good on the peach flavor only.

4 bags Nestle morsels - $1.49 each, see note below
On sale $1.99 each, used 2 $0.50 off 2 coupons (double to $1.00) from here

4 cans Carnation evaporated milk - $0.75 each, see note below
On sale 4/$5, used 2 $0.50 off 2 coupons (double to $1.00) also from here
Note regarding the Nestle and Carnation purchases: These are OK prices, but I could've done just as well with a store brand or at Aldi.  However, Tops is running a store promo where if you buy any 8 featured items (which included these) you get a bag of Diamond chopped walnuts FREE.  Since the nuts retailed for $3.99, I decided to buy these items (which I needed anyways) here instead of paying the same price for the generic versions, plus I was able to score a freebie.

8 cans of Progresso soup - $0.75 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1.00 off 4 coupons printed from here (there are also coupons in the 10/23 SmartSource coupon insert)

I also bought produce and meat, which I didn't have coupons for (but I did use a $3.00 Catalina coupon I earned last week to help offset some of their costs).

The total retail for this trip was $219.79 and I paid $85.48 after discounts and coupons, for an approximate savings of 61%.  Like I mentioned earlier, I had some sticker shock at that total because it's been ages since I spent that much on one transaction!  Luckily, I have a boatload of food to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment