Wednesday, November 16, 2011

11/13 - 11/19 Tops deals: part 2

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I had more grocery deals I wanted to take advantage of at Tops.  Today I was able to grab a few more items:
2 jars of Ragu pasta sauce - $1.67 each, see note below
On sale 3/$5, used the "buy 2 jars of Ragu, get a free box of pasta" coupon from the 11/13 Red Plum coupon insert

1 box Barilla jumbo shells - FREE, see note below
On sale 3/$5, used the above mentioned Ragu/pasta coupon
Note:  While 3/$5 for pasta sauce isn't a great price for me personally (I typically don't like to pay more than $1 per jar), I *needed* a box of jumbo shells and they can be pretty pricey.  I figured with the coupon, the combined price of the 2 jars of sauce and box of pasta was $3.33 or $1.11 each, which was a deal I was comfortable with.  Of course, I now notice on my receipt that the cashier only took off $1.00 for the pasta (the maximum value stated on the coupon was $1.75, so my full $1.67 should have been deducted).  Heh, so much for the best laid plans.

5 boxes of Scotties tissues - $0.80 each
On sale 10/$10, used the $1 off 5 coupon from a fairly recent coupon insert, but I can't find which one I cut it out of now (Sorry! Maybe another reader knows where it came from?)

2 cans Libby's pineapple chunks - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used the $1 off 2 coupon from the 11/13 Red Plum coupon insert

3 boxes Green Giant frozen vegetables - $0.67 each
On sale 10/$10, used the $1 off 3 coupon from the 11/13 General Mills coupon insert

4 packages of Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough - $1.95 each, see note below
On sale 4/$10, used 2 $1.10 off 2 coupons printed from here (it looks like there may no longer be any prints available for this coupon, but there is a $1 off 2 coupon in the 11/13 General Mills coupon insert which would make them $2 each)

1 gallon of Tops milk - FREE
Note: Tops is running a promo this week where you buy any combination of 4 select Pillsbury pie crust or cookie dough and get a free gallon of milk.  Since there is only one of these deals allowed per transaction and my kids can go through a crazy amount of milk, I'm actually planning on going back and buying 4 pie crusts with 2 $0.60 off 2 coupons (will double to $1.20 off, making them $1.90 each) here and getting another free gallon of milk.

2 Reddi-Whip toppings - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$4, used the $1 off 2 coupon from the 11/13 SmartSource coupon insert

3 cartons of Heluva Good dip - $0.67 each
On sale 3/$5, used 2 $1.00 off coupons from their Facebook page (note: these can be used on the Buffalo Wing flavor only) and a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) printed from here

My total retail value was $54.27 and I paid $20.21 after discounts and coupons (I also used my $5 Catalina from the Vanity Fair deal on Monday), for a savings of about 64%.  I have a few more purchases to make at Tops this week (and I wanted to buy them in a separate transaction to both maximize my gas points -- I'm at $0.60 off per gallon -- and be able to get another free gallon of milk), so I will most likely hit the store again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment