Monday, November 14, 2011

11/13 - 11/19 Tops deals: part 1

I have 3 transactions planned for Tops this week, but due to time constraints I was only able to run out and complete one of them earlier today.  This trip consisted of:

1 22.35-pound Tops frozen turkey - $10.73
Priced at $37.77, discounted to $0.48 per pound when you buy an additional $25.00 in groceries

1 box of Reynolds turkey bags - $0.99
On sale for $1.99, used $1 coupon from the 11/13 SmartSource coupon insert

3 boxes of Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix - $0.92 each
On sale 4/$5, used $1 off 3 coupon from 11/13 SmartSource coupon insert
Note: Not all varieties are 4/$5, so be sure to double check the shelf price on these!

4 packages of Vanity Fair paper napkins - $0.90 each, see note below
On sale 2/$4, used 4 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here (use zip code 77477 if you don't see it)

6 packages of Vanity Fair plates and bowls - $1.50 each, see note below
On sale 2/$4, used 3 $1 off 2 coupons printed from here

Note about the Vanity Fair deal: In my ad, these are part of a 'get a $5 Catalina coupon for use on your next trip when you buy any $20' deal.  Since I'm hosting a large gathering for Thanksgiving and I'm all about easy clean-up, this sale and coupon match-up was perfect timing.  Looking at my receipt, I also earned 400 bonus gas points for these!  After doing some research, there is another deal going on at other stores that consists of 200 gas points when you buy 5 participating items.  Since I bought 10, I earned the gas points twice, plus was able to double-dip and get the $5 coupon to use on my next transaction.  Happy Monday to me! :-)

The retail cost for my order was $78.23 and I paid $22.76 after discounts and coupons (I also used my $5 Catalina I earned from my $25 iTunes gift card purchase last week), for a savings of approximately 71%!  Plus, I now have another $5 Catalina for next time and the register also spit out a random Catalina for a free YoCrunch yogurt (my kids will love that!).  And after my first shopping trip of the new gas points earning period, I already have earned $0.50/gallon off!

If I have time later today, I'll head back for more groceries.  Otherwise it will have to wait a couple of days.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment