Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11/27 - 12/3 Tops deals

Let me start by saying that I found this week's Tops ad pretty unimpressive.  That being said, I did score a pretty awesome (although fairly small) haul today.  The only things I really, really wanted this week were the bread and lunchmeat featured in the ad.  Since those items required a $20 minimum purchase, I decided to use several of my coupons (and a raincheck) for free items to get my pre0coupon total up there without having to pay much out-of-pocket.  Here's what I walked away with today:

1 loaf of Tops bread - $0.88
On sale for $0.88 with the Tops in-ad coupon and $20 purchase

1 package Hillshire Farm Deli Select Ultra Thin lunchmeat - $2.49
On sale for $2.49 with the Tops in-ad coupon and $20 purchase

1 John Frieda precision foam hair color - FREE
Priced at $12.99, used coupon for a free hair color received via snail mail from the manufacturer

1 bottle Upstate Farms Intense milk singles - FREE
Priced at $1.49, used coupon for a free bottle received via snail mail from the manufacturer

1 carton YoCrunch Greek yogurt - FREE
Priced at $1.39, used Catalina coupon for a free carton that printed out at the register recently

1 half-gallon Tops apple cider - FREE
Priced at $2.50, used the coupon I received in the mail recently plus the raincheck the store issued last week when they had none in stock

1 Hatfield ham steak - $1.50
On sale 2/$5, used $1 coupon from the 10/16 Red Plum coupon insert (there was also one in the 10/9 Red Plum if you haven't used it already)

2 boxes of Dreamfields low carb lasagna noodles - $1.29 each
On sale for $2.29 each, used 2 $1 coupons printed from their website (sign-up required)
Note: This is higher than my typical pasta price point, but I was willing to pay more because it's more of a "specialty" pasta.

2 packages of Mission tortillas - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $1 coupons I had gotten previously from a tearpad on the Mission display

The retail total was $39.49 and I paid only $7.79 after discounts and coupons for a savings of approximately 80% (I also used a Catalina coupon for $2.50 off your next purchase that I was given by a family member)!

Since I really like the bread and lunchmeat deals, I will probably go back later in the week and buy more tortillas (I still have several coupons) as well as some of their 10/$10 produce deals (back page of the weekly ad) so I can take advantage of those sales.

Lessons learned from today: 1) it pays to contact manufacturers with product feedback and to get on their mailing lists and 2) let friends and family know that you coupon and they may end up sharing some useful coupons with you!

One final note: If you are pomegranate fan, look for a POM tearpad in the produce section.  When I was buying my cider, I noticed the tearpad right below it on the cooler with coupons for $1 off any POM product.

No comments:

Post a Comment