Saturday, July 9, 2011

I bought gas for $0.89/gallon today!

Does everyone know about Tops' gas points program?  Periodically, they reward points based on how much money you spend (1 point per dollar) as well as a coupon bonus (10 points per manufacturer coupon you redeem*).  For every 100 points you accumulate, you earn $0.10 off per gallon of gas at one of their gas stations.  The current earning period ended today, my husband's car was on empty, and I was visiting my mother who lives near a Tops with a gas station.  I redeemed my 2900 gas points, which equals $2.90 off per gallon.  I bought about 15 gallons of gas and paid $13.50, which was a savings of $43.53!  The best part is that the vast majority of my points came from simply redeeming coupons while I shopped rather than spending tons of money at the store.  I can't wait for the next earning period to begin!  Maybe I can hit the $3 off mark.

For more information about the gas points program, click here.  To find a gas station location, see the list here.  There aren't many in the Rochester area, but I was told by a front end manager at the Mt. Read store in Greece that they will be getting one in the future (although she didn't know how far into the future).

*Note:  When they offer the 10 points per coupon bonus, they cap it at 100 coupon points per transaction.  Since I often have well over 10 coupons for a shopping trip, I learned to split my transactions up so that I'm not using more than 10 coupons each time and maximizing my gas points.

No comments:

Post a Comment