Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tops 7/31 - 8/6: 70% saved on today's purchases!

After so many blah weeks of sales, I was excited to shop at Tops today and take advantage of the Dollar Doublers (these make your $1 manufacturer coupon worth $2!).  Since there is a limit of 4 Dollar Doublers per transaction (plus a minimum $15 spend before doublers), I made 2 transactions today in order to take better advantage of thems.  Here is what I bought today:

Transaction #1:

10 packages Keebler cookies - $1.23 each
To be honest, this was still a good deal (in my opinion) but it didn't work out as well as I had planned.  Select Keebler cookies are on sale 2/$4 with a store promo being offered -- Buy 10 select items, get $5 off instantly.  I swear all 10 cookies I picked out were labelled 2/$4, but some rung up more than that and some rung up less.  I was using the self-checkout and my kids were wandering, so I just went with it instead of trying to figure out which weren't the correct price.  The cookies totalled $23.28, I had $5 deducted for buying 10, I used 3 $1 off 3 Keebler products coupon found here (must register), plus I used 3 $1 Doublers from the ad.  The total for the cookies dropped to $12.28, or $$1.23 each.  I plan on putting these away until back-to-school and using them in my kids' lunches.  They will last quite a while!

2 boxes Keebler Granola Fudge Bars - $1 each
On sale 2/$5, used 2 $0.75 off coupons (double to $1.50 each) also from the above link

2 Hormel Compleats Kids meals - $0.89 each, plus earned $1.50 Catalina coupon
Priced at $2.39 each, used 2 $1 off coupons from here (registration required) and 1 Dollar Doubler from the ad.  Also, there is a YourBucks offer currently running -- buy 2 Hormel Compleats Kids meals, get a $1.50 Catalina coupon for use on your next order.

1 package Land O' Frost premium lunchmeat - $1.89
On sale for $2.99, used $0.55 coupon (doubles to $1.10 even though it states "do not double" on it) from 7/24 Red Plum coupon insert

2 Hatfield ham steaks - FREE
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $2 coupons from registering here (There is also a $1 coupon from "liking" their Facebook page.  I'm planning on using these FB coupons along with Dollar Doublers to score some more free ham steaks later this week!)

Total retail cost was $59.73 and I paid $18.25 after discounts and coupons.

Transaction #2:

10 boxes of Kellogg's cereal - $1.40 each, plus I will be receiving $10 in gift cards (like paying $0.40 per box!)
On sale 4/$10.  These are also part of the "Buy 10, get $5 off instantly" promo.  In addition to the instant $5 off, I used 3 $1 off 3 coupons from here (register, or you can also find $1 off 3 coupon from the 7/24 Red Plum insert), and 3 Dollar Doublers from the ad.  There were several varieties included in the sale, but I chose Apple Jacks and Froot Loops.  Not only are they my guilty pleasures, but they were the only 2 varieties at my store that were labelled with the Cars 2 promotion where 4 boxes' codes equal a $5 prepaid Visa card.  I already entered and redeemed 8 of the 10 codes from today and 2 $5 cards are on their way. 

We are super stocked on cereal for a while now.  So, is anyone surprised we're having "breakfast for dinner" tonight? ;-)

1 box Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta - FREE
Priced at $1.99, used $1 coupon from the 5/15 SmartSource coupon insert and 1 Dollar Doubler from the ad

I also used the $1.50 Catalina coupon from Transaction #1.

Total retail was $41.89, and I paid $12.49 after discounts and coupons.

Overall, total retail of both transactions was $101.63, I paid $30.74, and had a savings of approximately 70%.  I'm also collecting gas points and am up to $0.50 off per gallon.

I'm planning on making 2 more transactions later this week.  I can't wait to see how much my total week's savings will end up being!

No comments:

Post a Comment