Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tops 7/17 - 7/23: 50% savings on my shopping trip

After a couple of weeks of really crummy sales, this week's a little better.  My bill before coupons and discounts was $100.65 and I paid $50.90, for a savings of about 50%.  Here is what I bought:

2 boxes of Kellogg's Fiber Plus cereal - $1.10 each
On sale 4/$10, used 2 $0.70 coupons (double to $1.40!) from here

2 packages of Butterball turkey breast - $2.83 each
On sale 3/$10, used $1 off 2 coupon from one of the Sunday coupon inserts from a while ago (I can't remember which one, sorry!)

1 package of Jennie-O ground turkey - $5.97
On sale, priced at $1.99/lb., no coupon :-(

2 half gallons of Silk Almond milk - $1 each
On sale 2/$5, used 2 $0.75 coupons from here

1 half gallon of Silk Coconut milk - $1.25
On sale 2/$5, used $1.25 off coupon from the 7/10 SmartSource insert

4 cartons of Edy's ice cream - $2.50 each, plus see note below
On sale 2/$6, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons (1 from the 6/10 SmartSource insert, 1 from here after registering)
Note: These are part of a promotion - Spend $12 in select products, earn a $4 Catalina coupon for use on your next shopping trip.  I now have a $4 coupon off my next visit plus with the weather, this is a great day for ice cream!

1 box Tops ice cream cones - $1
On sale for $1, no coupon (but who can resist a 4-year-old who asks nicely for ice cream cones to go with the ice cream she just picked out?)

1 package of WhoNu cookies - $1.50
On sale 2/$5, used 1 $1 coupon from the 7/10 SmartSource insert (Did I mention my kids think I'm awesome for buying ice cream *and* cookies today?  I rarely buy either!)

5 packages of Bimbo hot dog and hamburger rolls - $1.60 each
On sale 5/$10, part of a promotion - save $2 instantly when you buy 5 selected promo items

2 boxes of Hefty OneZip bags - $1.17 each
On sale 3/$5, used $1 off 2 coupon from the 7/10 Red Plum insert
Note: If you buy these, check the boxes first.  Some have peelie coupons on them.  Mine each had $0.15 coupons attached (not great, but may come in handy someday so I saved them)

2 packages (12-pack) Cottonelle toilet paper - $4.99 each, plus see note below
On sale $5.99 each, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from here (unlike most other "bricks" coupons, this one would only let me print 1 per computer instead of 2)
A while ago I signed up for the YourBucks program, which is sponsoring a Cottonelle promotion through 7/31 - buy 2 12-packs, get a $3.50 Catalina-type coupon for use on your next order.  In addition to my $4 Catalina from the Edy's deal above, I now also have a $3.50 coupon to use on my next shopping trip.

2 chunks of Heluva Good cheese - $1 each
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) I had printed off the Heluva Good website a while ago and are no longer available (sorry!), but I believe there is a $1 off 2 coupon from the 6/19 SmartSource insert which would make these $1.50 each (still a good deal in my opinion!)
Note: I did not see this advertised in the sales ad, but noticed them in the store.  I either missed it in the ad (entirely possible) or this might be a sale that varies by location (the Mt. Read store in Greece definitely has them).

Off to make some dinner and looking forward to enjoying ice cream for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment