Thursday, July 28, 2011

Need a shave? There's a money maker at CVS!

I am so stoked from my shopping trip at CVS today!  I bought 2 packages of disposable razors and a can of shaving cream for only $1.40 (tax) and received $10 in ExtraBucks.  Here's what I bought and how it worked:

2 packages of Schick Extreme 3 razors (4 ct.) - $8.89 each
Used 1 B1G1 Free manufacturer coupon from the 6/26 SmartSource coupon insert (The limit on the coupon is "up to $13.99" so I had planned on the $8.89 being deducted.  Imagine my surprise when my cashier informed me that the system automatically took off $13.99 instead of beeping and instructing her to manually enter the amount.  How cool is that?!?)

Used 1 $3 off manufacturer coupon from Facebook (CVS will allow the B1G1 coupon on 1 pack and the $3 coupon on the second pack)

Used 1 $2 off CVS coupon from here (it says Energizer on the screen but prints out correctly as Schick -- I asked if I could use 2 of these coupons since they allow stacking of 1 manufacturer coupon with 1 store coupon, but the cashier said not in this scenario because I was already getting 1 pack free)

1 can of Skintimate cream shave - on sale for $2.49
Used 1 $1.50 off coupon from here

The subtotal before coupons was $20.27.  They are running a promo -- spend $20 in any Schick or Playtex products, receive $10 in ExtraBucks -- so my total qualified.  After my coupons were taken off, my subtotal became -$0.22, the tax amount was $1.62, and my final total was $1.40 out-of-pocket.  Plus, I now have $10 in ExtraBucks to use toward upcoming purchases (plus another $3 in ExtraBucks I already had and planned on using today until I realized I was getting a better than expected deal with that B1G1 coupon!). 

I know I already said it, but I just have to say it again...How cool is that?!?  Of course now I have no excuse for hairy legs! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment