Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tops 7/24 - 7/30: 50% saved and 332 gas points earned

I'll be totally honest...The weekly grocery sales have been pretty crummy for several weeks now and this week is no exception in my opinion.  It makes me happy that I've been able to stock up on good deals when I've seen them in the past so I don't have to buy when the prices aren't that great.  In a nutshell, my bill this week totalled $50.36, I paid $25.66 after discounts and coupons (approximately 50% saved), I earned 332 gas points (worth $0.30 off per gallon of gas -- I earned $2.90 off per gallon last time and would like to match or beat that this time), and had some Catalina coupons print out.  Here's what I picked up:

2 boxes Barilla piccolini pasta -  $0.75 each
On sale 4/$5, used $1 off 2 coupon from 6/26 SmartSource coupon insert

2 jars of Chi Chi's salsa - averaged $1.35 each
Bought 1 jar for $1.69 with in-ad coupon (limit 1 with $20 minimum purchase), bought 2nd jar on sale for $2, used $1 off 2 coupon from 6/12 SmartSource coupon insert

1 box of Old El Paso taco shells - $0.99
On sale for $0.99 with in-ad coupon (limit 1 with $20 minimum purchase)

2 Luigi's Italian ice - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$5, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1 each) printed from Red Plum

6 rolls of Tops paper towels - $1 each, earned $3 Catalina coupon
Part of featured promo in ad (buy 6 select products, earn a $3 coupon good on your next shopping trip)

2 bags of McCain's Purely Potatoes - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$5, used 2 $1 off coupons from "liking" McCain's Facebook page

6 cans Chef Boyardee pasta - $0.67 each
On sale $1 each, used 2 $1 off 3 coupons from here (use code 74575328)

4 Banquet frozen meals - $0.50 each
On sale $1 each, used 2 $0.50 off 2 coupons (double to $1) from here (use same code as above)

I also bought some strawberries.  They were on sale 2/$4 and I had hoped to use a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) from registering at the Driscoll's website, but unfortunately my Tops was not selling the Driscoll's brand.

Since I used 10 manufacturer coupons and Tops gives 10 gas points per coupon (limit of 100 points), I earned 100 gas points (worth $0.10 off per gallon of gas) for that.  According to my receipt, I apparently also earned 200 bonus points for buying the 6 rolls of paper towels (another $0.20 off per gallon).  My understanding is that you also earn 1 gas point per dollar spent, so I'm not sure how they arrived at the remaining 32 points. 

Also, along with the $3 Catalina that printed from the paper towels I had 2 additional coupons print out: $1.50 off any Axe product and $2 off any Axe product.  I have no idea what I purchased that prompted those to print.  There is no size restriction listed on the coupon, so I would imagine these might get free (or very cheap) trial sizes. I know my Tops has the Axe body wash in the trial size (which works great for portion control and a tween boy!), but I'm not sure if there are any other Axe products in the small sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment