Monday, August 29, 2011

8/28 - 9/3 Tops deals: cheap P & G products!

For anyone collecting gas points (I am!), the gas point earning period ends on Saturday and points can be redeemed through 9/17.  I was able to not only get some good deals, but I also wracked up bonus gas points while I was at the store today. Here is what I bought:

Transaction #1

2 bottles of Kraft salad dressing - $1.50 each, see note below
On sale 2/$4, used $1 off 2 coupon from the 8/28 SmartSource coupon insert

4 cartons of Philadelphia cooking creme - $1 each, see note below
On sale 2/$5, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) from coupons.com

2 cartons of International Delight coffee creamer - $0.57 each
On sale 3/$5, used 2 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here

2 packages of Frigo Cheese Heads string cheese - $2.25 each
On sale BOGO ($5.29), used a $0.40 coupon (doubles to $0.80) from coupons.com (it's not showing up for me now so it may no longer be available, but I think saw a coupon in one of the 8/28 coupon inserts)

1 carton of Tropicana Pure Premium OJ - $2
On sale 2/$6, used $1 off coupon from the September issue of All You magazine

1 carton of Friendship sour cream - $0.40
On sale 2/$3, used $0.55 coupon (doubles to $1.10) from here

Note: The Philly cooking cremes and the Kraft salad dressings were part of a Tops promo this week.  The ad that I received in the mail featured them as part of a "Buy 5 products, get a $3 coupon" and the ad my mother received featured all the same products but read as "Buy 6 products, earn 200 bonus gas points."  Since the Tops I shop at will be getting a gas station in the future but doesn't have one yet, I didn't know what to expect at check-out.  After my transaction completed, I did get a $3 Catalina coupon but when I looked at my receipt, it said that I earned 200 gas points for the deal.  So, I was able to get in on both deals!

Total retail was $41.28, I paid $15.03 after coupons and discounts, and received a $3 coupon I used on my next transaction.

Transaction #2

4 bags of Fresh Express salad - $0.99 each
On sale BOGO ($3.49), plus 3 of the bags I bought had $1 off coupons due to near "use by" dates

2 Yoplait Greek yogurt - $0.40 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $0.30 coupons (double to $0.60) printed from here

2 multi-packs (4-pack) YoCrunch fruit parfaits - $2 each
On sale 2/$5, used $1 off 2 coupon printed from the YoCrunch Facebook page

The following purchases in my second transaction were made as part of the "Savings for Back to School Success" promo featured in the Tops ad (buy $30 in Proctor & Gamble products, get a $10 prepaid MasterCard in the mail):
1 Pantene shampoo $3.50
1 Pantene conditioner $3.50
2 Gillette body washes $6.00
1 Gillette deodorant $3.99
1 Old Spice deodorant $3.99
1 Old Spice body wash $3.00
1 Crest Pro-Health rinse $3.50
1 Crest Pro-Health For Me toothpaste $2.79
Total P & G qualifying purchases: $30.27
Less coupons:
- $3.50 Free Pantene product coupon received in the mail from a recent Facebook offer
- $3.50 Free Pantene product coupon (I only signed up for the FB offer once, so I'm not sure why they mailed me another coupon, but who am I to argue with a free coupon? ;-))
- $3.99 Buy Old Spice body wash, get a free deodorant coupon from the 8/28 P & G coupon insert
- $3.00 Buy Gillette deodorant, get a free body wash coupon from the 8/28 P & G coupon insert
- $2.00 Gillette body wash coupon from the 7/31 P & G coupon insert
- $1.00 Crest Pro-Health rinse coupon from the 8/28 P & G coupon insert
- $1.00 Crest Pro-Health For Me toothpaste coupon from the 8/28 P & G coupon insert
Total out-of-pocket for P & G products: $12.28
After the $10 MasterCard mail-in-rebate, that's like paying $2.28 for a boat-load of health and beauty items.  I'm so excited about this deal!

Total retail for transaction #2 was $63.03, I paid $20.16 (I also used the $3 Catalina coupon from transaction #1), plus I will be getting back a $10 prepaid MasterCard.  Woo-hoo!

Transaction #3

1 package Sugardale bacon - $2.89
On sale for $3.99, used $0.55 coupon (doubles to $1.10 even though it states 'do not double' on it) I received in the mail from the manufacturer (remember, it pays to get on mailing lists!)

8 containers of YoCrunch yogurt - $0.50 each
On sale 4/$3, used 2 $1 off 4 coupons from YoCrunch Facebook page

I also bought another 2 packages of Frigo string cheese and 2 more multi-packs of YoCrunch fruit parfaits (with the applicable coupons, of course!)

Total retail was $29.75 and I paid $15.38 after coupons and discounts.

Overall, my products had a total retail value of $134.06 and I paid $50.57 for a savings of approximately 62%.  I will also be getting $10 back from the P & G rebate, plus I have now earned a discount of $2.90 off per gallon of gas. I have some more coupons that could net me the $3 off / 200 bonus gas points again, so I may go back one more time this week to take full advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment