Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Tops deals 8/21 - 8/27

I  finished up my Tops shopping for the week, and this is what I bought:

Transaction #1

4 containers of Clorox wipes - $2.00 each
On sale 2/$5, used 4 $0.25 coupons (double to $0.50) printed from coupons.com (I'm not seeing any of the coupons I used on the Clorox deals now, so they may no longer be available)

1 bottle of Clorox bleach - $1.50
On sale 3/$6, used $0.25 coupon (doubles to $0.50) printed from here

1 bottle Hidden Valley Ranch Farmhouse dressing - $2.00
On sale 2/$6, used $1 coupon from the 8/21 SmartSource insert

1 bag of Fresh Express Iceberg Garden salad - $0.99
On sale for $1.49, plus used the Super Coupon in the Tops ad

1 package of Land O Frost deli ham - $1.99
On sale for $3.99, plus used the Super Coupon in the Tops ad

1 loaf of Tops Italian bread - $0.99
On sale for $1.99, plus used the Super Coupon in the Tops ad

3 packages (2-tub pack) Land O' Lakes Fresh Buttery Taste spread - $0.67 each
On sale 3/$5, used 5 $0.50 coupons (double to $1.00) from here (must register)

My total retail cost was $38.98 and I paid $13.31 after discounts and coupons (I also used the $5 Catalina coupon from the Clorox deal earlier in the week), for a savings of approximately 66%.  I had hoped to earn another $5 Catalina coupon from the Clorox deal again, but again in didn't print.  I did notice, though, that my receipt showed I earned 200 bonus gas points from the Clorox deal.  After doing some Internet searching, it turns out that there are different Tops deals regionally, and many of the "Spend $X, get $X back" deals don't exist where there are gas stations, but instead they offer extra gas points.  Since my regular Tops (Mt. Read in Greece) is getting a gas station soon, they must have switched over to the alternate deals.  While I would've liked the $5, I did earn an extra $0.20 off per gallon from this deal.  Since you can get 30 gallons of gas with gas points, $0.20 per gallon x 30 gallons = $6 savings, I actually made out better.

Transaction #2

1 box of SnackWells granola bars - $1.00
On sale 4/$10, used $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) from the September issue of All You magazine (this is my new favorite magazine -- it's a great source for high-value coupons)

2 cans of Chef Boyardee whole grain pasta - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used $0.50 off 2 coupon from the September All You Magazine

1 box Aunt Jemima frozen waffles - $0.67
On sale 3/$5, used $1 coupon from "liking" them and then watching the video on their Facebook page

2 packages Carefree pantiliners - FREE
On sale $0.99 each, used 2 $0.50 coupons from the 8/21 SmartSource coupon insert

Total retail value was $11.14, I paid $2.67 after coupons and discounts, and I saved about 76%.  At this point, I've also earned $2.40 off per gallon of gas!

No comments:

Post a Comment