Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My $4 Tops trip

Curious to find out what $4 and 8 coupons can get you at Tops this week?  Here is what I just bought:

3 boxes of Mueller's pasta - FREE
On sale 10/$10, used 3 $0.55 coupons (they won't double to $1.10, since Tops doesn't allow for an overage, but they will double up to $1) from signing up here

4 cartons of YoCrunch Greek yogurt - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons from "liking" their Facebook page
Note: I had planned on buying 8 and using a couple more coupons, but there were only 4 left so I had to grab a rain check.

1 roll of Bounty Basic paper towels - FREE
On sale 10/$10, used a $1 coupon I received in a Pampers mailing the other day (since my youngest has been out of diapers for years -- and I used cloth diapers with her on top of that -- I have no idea why I get their promotional stuff in the mail, but I certainly don't mind getting more coupons!)

4 Banquet frozen meals - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $0.50 off 2 coupons from here (use code 74575328)
Just a note on these: I've been grabbing these ocassionally as a cheap addition to my husband's lunches at work and they always seem to be on sale.  I finally took a look at the sale tag on the shelf and it looks like these will be "on sale" through the end of the year.

Total retail was $17.48 and after discounts and coupons I paid $4.00.  I was expecting to still owe tax on the paper towels, even though the coupon made them free, but I wasn't charged any.  I like pleasant surprises!  And I now have $1.40 off per gallon of gas.  :-)

I'm still planning another trip to Tops this week to stock up on some more sale items, but that will probably be on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment