Friday, August 19, 2011

My final Tops trip for the week

Today was my "big" visit to Tops to get all the rest of the deals I didn't grab earlier in the week.  Here is what I bought today:

Transaction #1

1 box Emerald Breakfast-to-Go packs - $1.50
On sale 2/$5, used $1 coupon from the 8/7 Red Plum coupon insert

2 bags of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish grahams - $0.97 each
On sale 3/$5, used 2 $0.35 coupons (double to $0.70) from here

2 boxes of Mom's Best Naturals cereal - $1.44 each
On sale for $1.99 each, used $0.55 off 2 coupon from signing up here

32 cartons of Yoplait yogurt (we are *huge* yogurt eaters in our house) - $0.45 each
On sale 10/$6, used 4 $0.60 off 8 coupons (double to $1.20) from being registered here

I also bought some fresh chicken wings (no coupon, but they were on sale and I will use some of the $0.19 Frank's Red Hot I purchased recently at Wegmans to make Buffalo wings to go with a free Papa John's pizza I've earned from their Papa's Points program!)

I had also planned on getting 2 single serve cartons of the So Delicious coconut milk I saw in the ad, but I couldn't find them in the store and I also couldn't find anyone to help me track them down.  Kind of a bummer, since they are 10/$10 and I found a $0.55 coupon here which would make them free after they double.  Has anyone else seen these in their local Tops?

My total retail for this transaction was $57.40 and I paid $35.57 after discounts and coupons.  Not my best trip, but still about 38% in savings.  My yogurt purchase also triggered a $2 Catalina coupon, which I used on my next transaction:

Transaction #2

4 YoCrunch Greek yogurts - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons from their Facebook page

3 boxes of Fisher Boy fish sticks - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$6, used 3 $0.75 coupons from here

2 packages of 12 double rolls of Cottonelle toilet paper - $4.99 each
On sale $5.99 each, used 2 $1 off coupons -- 1 from the 7/17 SmartSource coupon insert and 1 from the 8/14 SmartSource insert

2 packages Butterball turkey bologna - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$4, used $1 off 2 coupon from the 6/26 SmartSource coupon insert

2 boxes of Emerald Breakfast-to-Go packs - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$5, used 2 $1 coupons from here

I also bought some produce which I didn't have a coupon for, but the $2 Catalina from the previous transaction kind of made up for that.

The total retail for this transaction was $60.60 and I paid $26.44 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of approximately 56%.

Overall, it was a pretty good shopping week for me.  Oh, and I'm now at $1.70 off per gallon of gas!

No comments:

Post a Comment