Monday, January 2, 2012

My goal this year: save more money


With prices on everything on the rise causing my budget to get stretched, I've decided to strive to cut costs and save more money during 2012.  As a result, I've joined the 2012 Money Saving Challenge being run by Precious at Frugal Makes Sense.  I just discovered her blog recently and have really enjoyed reading some of the ways she lives frugally.  I encourage you to check it out.

Obviously, my main method of saving has been and will continue to be through matching coupons to sales and using my stockpile.  In addition to couponing, I'm making it my goal to find at least one other way to save money each week.  It may not sound like much, but that's a lofty goal for me and I figure if I post about it online, it will make me more accountable for my actions. 

At this point, I think my plan is todo a post at the end of each week detailing what I did to save money during the previous 7 days.  This is new to me, though, so I might end up changing how I post my money-saving actions. 

I'd love to hear from other readers if you have money-saving goals for the year or other frugal tips you find helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment