Thursday, January 5, 2012

1/1 - 1/7 Tops deals

After not buying much the past few weeks, I was pretty excited for my Tops trip today.  I was even more excited when I walked in and found a sign on the door saying that the gas points earning period that had ended on 12/31 has been extended until 1/14!  Since I had earned a discount of $2.30 per gallon as of last week, I could now potentially get free gas (or at least really, really cheap!  Gas points should be redeemed by 1/28.

Here is today's haul:
Since I had a lot of coupons, I ended up splitting my order into 3 transactions in order to maximize my gas points (10 points per manufacturer coupon with a 100 point maximum per transaction) and stay within Tops' coupon doubling policy (4 like coupons per transaction).  I bought the following:

4 Chobani Greek yogurts - $0.40 each
On sale 10/$10, used 4 $0.30 coupons (double to $0.60) printed from here

8 blocks of Heluva Good cheese - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$5, used 8 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here (click on the green 'Click & Save' block)
Note: Depending on how comfortable you are with doing this, I noticed that instead of 2 prints per computer, this coupon allowed me to print 2 per browser (I used Internet Explorer and Firefox) per computer.

2 boxes Banquet Brown & Serve sausage links - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $0.25 coupons (double to $0.50) printed inside select boxes of Banquet value meals Note: The Banquet value meals had been on sale 10/$10 for most of last year (and still are on sale this week) and I noticed some of the boxes I had bought previously mentioned having $4 worth of Banquet coupons inside.  You may want to look for the specially marked packages if you're planning on buying any.

4 Banquet fruit pies - $0.60 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $0.40 off 2 coupons (double to $0.80) printed inside select Banquet value meals

12 Banquet pot pies - $0.80 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $0.60 off 6 coupons (double to $1.20) printed inside select Banquet value meals

2 dozen Eggland's Best eggs - $2.00 each
On sale 2/$5, used $1 off 2 coupon from the 10/2 SmartSource coupon insert (also in the 11/13 SmartSource insert), see note below

4 packages Weight Watchers spreadable cheese wedges - $0.90 each
On sale 2/$4, used 4 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here (click the coupon link on the right)Note: The eggs were more expensive than what I would usually pay, but they and the WW cheese were part of a store promo where you earn a $3.00 Catalina coupon when you buy 6 select products.  When I took into account the extra savings that I rolled into my next transaction, they were worth it in my opinion.  And on top of it, I also earned a bonus 200 gas points since my store will be getting a gas station in the future.

1 box Salada green tea - $0.49
On sale $1.99, used a $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) printed from here

4 Hunt's Snack Pack puddings - $0.75 each
On sale 10/$10, used a $1 off 4 coupon from the 1/1 SmartSource coupon insert

2 boxes of Hefty OneZip bags - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$4, used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 1/1 RedPlum coupon insert

4 bottles of Pine-Sol cleaner - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$4, used 4 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here (click 'Start Now' and write a brief review)

The total retail cost of my 3 transactions was $98.73 and I paid $42.78 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of approximately 57%.  Plus, I now have a gas discount of $2.80 per gallon.  I am so stoked about this!  And I have another week to rack up gas points (along with some freebies and cheapies -- stay tuned for details, but I'd encourage you to print off cereal and soup coupons I blogged about here and here and check the produce department for POM tearpads ;-)).

Here are a few other deals I considered but didn't end up buying.  Maybe they will be useful to some readers:
  • Louis Kemp Crab Delights are on sale BOGO ($2.99).  If you bought 14 (I know it's a lot, but I have freezer space and I'm still considering it) it would come to $20.93.  If you then used the Tops store coupon in this week's ad for $5 off a $20 seafood purchase, you'd pay $15.93 or $1.14 each.  That's a great price!
  • Clif Bars are 10/$10.  Use the $1 off 3 coupon printed from the Mambo Sprouts website and pay $0.67 each when you buy 3.
  • Select Full Circle canned veggies and beans are on sale 10/$10.  Buy 2, use the Tops store coupon printed from here, and pay $0.50 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment