Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm in love with Tops gas points :-)

For those of you collecting Tops gas points, tomorrow (9/17) is the last day to redeem them.  For those of you not collecting them and wondering why they are such a big deal, let me try to recreate my gas receipt from today (sorry, I tried to take a picture but I couldn't focus in that close to make it readable)...

Qty                 Description                        Price                Total
29.436 G        Pump 6:Regular Unlea        3.779              111.24
1.000              Gas Extra Reward            -3.300                97.14
1.000               Fuel Payment                  -14.100             -14.10

You redeemed 3300 Gas Extra Rewards Points for a savings of $3.30 per gallon totaling $97.14 this purchase.

So, my husband and I waited until today when both of our vehicles were on empty and filled them both for just over $14 total.  How awesome is that???  For day-to-day needs, we usually get gas at BJ's since it's the cheapest around and convenient to home, but we were more than happy to drive the extra 15 minutes to pay $0.47 per gallon!  I'll be even happier when they put in the gas station at the Tops I regularly shop at much closer to home. 

Is anyone else redeeming gas points this week?  How much did you save on gas?

Starting Sunday (9/18) we will start earning gas points again, so get your coupons ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment