Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tops meat coupon update

Recently I blogged here about a Tops meat coupon I received in the mail.  Well, I decided to hit the store today and scope out some meat deals.  I'm very pleased how well it went (especially with a 4-year-old in tow)!  Everyone has their personal price point for certain items and the price I'm currently willing to pay for meat is $1.99 or less per pound, which usually limits me to chicken and ground beef.  Today I bought a big pack of  beef chuck roast, a package of chicken drumsticks (reduced for quick sale), 2 packages of bratwurst (reduced), and a package of boneless thin pork chops (also reduced).  My coupon was good for $3 off $15, $4 off $20, or $6 off $25 meat purchase.  Believe it or not, the combination of meat I bought totalled exactly $25.  What were the chances of that happening?!? Anyway, I bought a total of 9.86 pounds of meat for $19 after my coupon, or $1.93 per pound -- under my $1.99 price point. Hurray for a variety of cheap meat!

2 comments:

  1. How do I get those coupons? :( I'd love to get some cheap meat at tops...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine came in the mail last Thursday. I usually receive the Tops ad for the upcoming week on the Thursday or Friday before. It comes inside a Red Plum mailer which usually just features advertisements. Last week was the first time I've ever noticed a good coupon. I've always just assumed everyone gets them in the mail.

    ReplyDelete