Monday, September 5, 2011

My 9/5 Wegmans freebies - popsicles and Kikkoman

I picked up a few items for FREE at Wegmans today:

4 packages of North Star Patriot Pops
On sale for $0.99, used 4 $0.50 coupons (doubled to $0.99) from being registered here
Note: I've been buying these every time I've shopped at Wegmans most of the summer, but the $0.99 price ends on Saturday 9/10.  If you haven't bought them yet or you have and need to stock up on more, make sure you get them this week while they're still free after coupon!

5 packages of various Kikkoman seasonings
Priced at $0.79 each, I used a total of 4 $1.00 coupons from here and here and a $0.55 coupon from here
Note: Wegmans policy is to not allow for an overage, so I expected the $1 coupons to automatically adjust down to $0.79 and the $0.55 coupon to only "double" up to $0.79 (just like the $0.50 popsicle coupons only "double to $0.99).  However, the $1 coupons beeped and a message to the effect of "coupon exceeds product price" popped up on the screen.  I figured the cashier would manually enter them as $0.79, but she entered the full $1 for all 4, and the $0.55 coupon doubled to the full $1.10.  I will say that my cashier was very vocal about not being happy about working on the registers (apparently she normally works in another department but was called to the front end because it was so busy), so I may not have gotten the overage with a different cashier (and I did have other items I was buying to offset it, so I probably wouldn't have gotten cash back if those were the only things I purchased).

No comments:

Post a Comment