Sunday, September 11, 2011

Today's Tops trip

This week's Tops shopping was a major stock-up on things I'll be using going into the fall and winter.  Here is what I was able to buy for under $30:

2 bags (5 lbs. each) Domino sugar - $1.99 each
On sale for $2.99 each, used $0.50 coupon from here and $0.50 coupon from the 8/28 Red Plum coupon insert (both coupons double to $1.00)

12 packages of Margherita pepperoni - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$4, used 6 $1 off 2 coupons printed from here
Note: I was hoping these would have a longer shelf-life than they do (all are use by November) so whatever we don't eat by then, I will go ahead and stick in my freezer.

12 cans Campbell's chicken noodle and tomato soups - $0.23 each
On sale 10/$10, used 4 $0.40 off 3 coupons (double to $0.80) from coupons.com

6 jars of Smucker's jams/jellies/preserves - $0.11 each
On sale 2/$4, used 6 $0.75 coupons (the first 4 like coupons double to $1.50, the 5th and 6th don't double per Tops' coupon policy), plus these are part of a "Buy 6 get $4 instantly off your order" store promotion
Note: For some reason, one of my $0.75 coupons only "doubled" an additional $0.58 instead of $0.75.  I didn't notice it until I came home and I probably won't bother to follow up with customer service for the additional $0.17.  It's still a fantastic deal!

6 cans Hormel chili - $0.62 each
On sale 2/$3, used 3 $0.55 off 2 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here (must register), plus these were part of a "Buy 5, get $2 instantly off your order" store promo

My total retail was $94.02 and after discounts and coupons I paid $29.15, for a savings of approximately 69%.

I will go back again later this week, since I have 2 more Campbell's soup coupons I'd like to use.  I also realized that the frozen Smuckers waffles were part of the $4 off store promo and I'm pretty sure I picked up some awesome coupons for those off a tearpad a few weeks ago.  And even though I feel like I just bought a lot of sugar today, since I have access to a few more coupons I might get more sugar -- the holiday baking season will be upon us soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment