Tuesday, July 17, 2012

7/15 - 7/21 Tops shopping

Last week I had envisioned myself making just one shopping trip at Tops this week.  However, when I took a good look at what I was planning on buying and which coupons I was going to be using, I ended up making multiple trips and doing some multiple transactions in order to stay compliant with policy.  Not everything I bought is pictured below, and instead of juggling through multiple receipts, I'm just going to document is as if I'd made one large trip.  Here we go:
4 bottles (2 liter) Pepsi - $0.64 each, see note
On sale for $0.88 each, used 4 $0.25 Tops Monopoly game coupons
Note: These were featured on a separate "Grand Re-Opening" page of my ad, so I'm not sure if these are priced differently at stores other than Mt. Read.

2 boxes of Cheez-it crackers - $3.04 each, see note
On sale for $3.29 each, used 2 $0.25 Tops Monopoly coupons
Note: Pay attention at the store!! :-) I originally bought these because I saw them listed as 3/$5 in the ad and didn't realize I paid more until I came home.  The 6-7 oz. boxes are featured in the ad and I bought larger sizes that weren't part of the sale. :-(  I could take them back and get the smaller size, but my kids like the 2 varieties I bought so I know these won't go to waste.

1 Frito-Lay snacks multi-pack - FREE
On sale for $6.99, used a free product coupon from the Tops Monopoly game

8 cans Libby's vegetables - $0.50 each
On sale 4/$3, used 2 $1 off 4 coupons I printed a while ago but no loner available (sorry!)

2 jars Chi Chi's salsa - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$4, used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 6/3 SmartSource coupon insert

2 packages (12 rolls, 383.4 sf) Marcal Small Steps toilet paper - $2.99 each, see notes
On sale for $3.99 each, used 2 $1  coupons from the 6/17 Red Plum coupon insert (there is also a printable available on their Facebook page)
Notes: The coupon wording states 1 coupon per customer, so if you're planning to stock up you'll have to make separate trips to stay compliant.  You can also use this coupon on the paper towels ($3.99 for 8 rolls) or the paper napkins (I don't remember the price off hand, but I think they are $3.49).  If you've been playing the Tops Monopoly game, check your coupons.  I have a $0.25 one for the napkins, which you can stack with the manufacturer coupon to lower the price even more.

1 package Tops soft cookies - $0.75
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.25 Tops Monopoly coupon

1 gallon Tops distilled water - $1.00
On sale 10/$10, no coupon

1 package (1/2 pound) fresh pork loin thin chops - $0.50 (or $1/lb.!)
On sale for $2.50 ($4.99/pound), used a $2 off fresh meat Tops coupon from a recent mailer

1 Dole Smoothie Shaker - $1.00
On sale 5/$10, used a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) from the June issue of All You magazine (there is also a $0.65 off 2 coupon here, which will double to $1.30)

15 cartons YoCrunch yogurt - $0.30 each, see note
On sale 10/$6, used 3 $0.75 off 5 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here
Note: The coupon states 1 per transaction, so in order to comply you will need to do separate transactions if you plan on using multiple coupons.

2 chunks Heluva Good cheese - $1.25 each
On sale 2/$4, used a $1.50 off  2 Catalina coupon I had received on a previous shopping trip (there is also a $1 off 2 printable from their website.  It hardly ever prints for me -- including now -- but hopefully you'll have better luck.)

My total retail was $87.21 and I paid $31.95 after discounts and coupons (I also used a $5 off $35 purchase from the recent Tops mailer), for a savings of over 63%.  Since I had a pre-coupon total of over $50 on one of my trips, I received a "Jump Start" coupon I can redeem next week for an instant 100 gas points in the next gas points earning period.

I have more YoCrunch and Marcal coupons I'd like to use so I'll likely make a few more trips to the store this week.  However, I don't think I'll be buying anything different than I've already bought, but did want to highlight 2 other sales that I found tempting:

  • Mueller's pasta is on sale 10/$10.  If you register a new email address at their website, you generally are emailed a link to a $0.55 coupon which will make for FREE pasta. 
  • There is a $1 printable coupon on the Edy's Facebook page.  They're on sale for $3.33 each and you get $3 off instantly if you buy 4.  Use multiple computers to get 4 $1 coupons, making the price just $1.58 each when you buy 4.  This coupon has not been reset, so if you've printed it in the past you be unable to print it now. :-(
Stay cool and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment