Saturday, July 21, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 29 in review

Here is a run-down of things I did to help save money this week:
  • I matched sales and coupons at Tops to help lower my grocery bill.
  • I submitted a Staples rebate online, which will return some of my spent money to me plus I saved the cost of a stamp by not mailing it in.
  • I returned an empty printer cartridge to Staples and will get credit to use on a future purchase.
  • We utilized the local public library for books and kids' activities.
  • I combined errands on outings to help save on gas.
  • I avoided using the oven on the hottest days in order to keep the house cooler and help save on air conditioning costs.
  • I opened the windows to catch the cooler morning and evening breezes to also save on cooling costs, and avoided using the AC completely on a cooler day.
  • I picked a lot of free raspberries from our plants at home.
  • I cut the dishwasher tablets in half for each load.
  • My kids played several games in a free softball league.
  • I paid a bill online and saved the cost of a stamp.
  • I used a free rental code at Redbox in order to enjoy a free movie at home.
  • I noticed the condensed water dripping outside from an air conditioning window unit, so I placed a bucket underneath it to catch the drips and used it to help water my plants.
  • I placed an online order through Ebates in order to get part of my purchase price returned to me.
  • I redeemed my 3300 Tops gas points in order to get gas for just $0.29 per gallon.
Did you do anything in particular this week to help save some money? I'd love to read it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment