Saturday, July 7, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 27 in review

Here are a few things I did this week in order to help save some money:

  • I matched sales and coupons at Tops to help lower my grocery bill.
  • I download some free eBooks to my Nook.
  • We utilized the local public library for books, DVDs, and kids' activities.
  • I stayed home 2 days in order to help save on gas.
  • I combined errands on outings to also help save on gas.
  • I avoided using the oven on the hot days we've had this week, in order to keep the house cooler and help save on air conditioning costs.
  • I opened the windows to catch the cooler morning and evening breezes to also save on cooling costs.
  • Our fresh fruit for the week was picked for free from our raspberry and strawberry plants in our yard.
  • I only had to run the dishwasher twice this week, and used half of a dishwashing tablet both times.
  • I let the rain water my plants today instead of running the sprinkler or hose.
Did you do anything in particular this week to help save some money?  I'd love to read it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment