Saturday, July 14, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 28 in review

I felt like this was a bit of an off week for me, savings-wise, but here are the few things I did to help save money:

  • I matched sales and coupons at Tops to help lower my grocery bill.
  • I download some free eBooks to my Nook.
  • We utilized the local public library for books and kids' activities.
  • I combined errands on outings to also help save on gas.
  • I used the microwave and crockpot on the hottest days in order to keep the house cooler and help save on air conditioning costs.
  • I opened the windows to catch the cooler morning and evening breezes to also save on cooling costs.
  • I picked a lot of free raspberries from our plants at home.
  • I cut the dishwasher tablets in half for each load.
  • I signed 2 of my kids up for a local free softball league.
Did you do anything in particular this week to help save some money? I'd love to read it in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I always use the water from my kids kiddie pool to water my plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I don't have a kiddie pool, but just yesterday I decided to put a bucket under my air conditioning unit to catch the condensation that drips outside and will use that for my plants.

      Delete