Friday, July 27, 2012

Tops Dollar Doublers are back!

I received next week's Tops ad in today's mail and was excited to see there are 4 Dollar Doubler coupons inside! 

For anyone not familiar with the Dollar Doublers, they will make a $1 coupon double to $2.  You must spend $20 (that's after Bonus Card discounts but before sales tax and coupons) in order to use them.

I'm a little curious to see how these will work now that Tops has recently changed their coupon policy.  Regarding Dollar Doublers, they now specifically state "When available, TOPS limits $1 Coupon Doublers to four (4) $1.00 manufacturers’ paper coupons, per household per week, paired with a TOPS $1 Coupon Doubler redeemable during the current offer period only. Coupons of less than or greater than $1.00 value can not be paired with a $1 Coupon Doubler."

Personally, I think this is pretty unfair.  I can see limiting them to 4 per transaction or even 4 per day.  But 4 per week per household?  Really?  I realize they have every right to make up their rules on this, and even are under no obligation to offer this incentive, but I wonder if they have any way of tracking and enforcing this 4 per household rule. 

I'd love to read other readers' opinions and thoughts about this topic in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment