Sunday, July 22, 2012

7/22 - 7/28 Tops shopping: trip 1

Since we're back to earning Tops gas points and I have many coupons I'll be using this week, I will be making several trips to the store this week in order to maximize my gas points and abide by the store's policy (10 points per manufacturer coupon with a limit of 100 points per day earned through coupons, as well as a doubling limit of 4 like coupons per transaction).  Here is what I bought today:


1 jar Planters peanut butter - $1.00
On sale 2/$4, used a $1 off from the 6/24 SmartSource coupon insert

1 bottle (2 liters) Coke - $0.63, see note
On sale for $0.88, used a $0.25 Tops Monopoly coupon
Note: This was featured on a separate cover page of my ad, so this might be a "Grand Re-opening" special available only at the Mt. Read store.

2 bottles (2 liters) Waist Watcher soda - $0.50 each
On sale 5/$5, used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 6/24 Red Plum coupon insert

2 bags Wonderful Pistachios - $2.50 each
On sale 2/$7, used a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) from the 6/24 SmartSource coupon insert and a $1 coupon printed from their website
Note: Some bags had peelie coupons on them for Wonderful Almonds, so look for those for added value.

8 packages Trans Ocean Crab Classics - $1.25 each
On sale BOGO ($3.49), used 4 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here (there is also a coupon here, but I'm having some computer issues right now so I'm not sure if it will let you print it if you also printed the one off their website)

4 Yoplait Greek yogurts - $0.40 each, see note
On sale 5/$5, used 2 $0.60 off 2 coupons (double to $1.20) printed from here (there is also a $0.50 off 2 coupon here)
Note: Before hitting the store, I made sure to activate the $0.50 off 2 SavingStar eCoupon.  It won't lower my cost at the store, but it will ultimately lower my cost when I cash out.

The retail cost of this trip was $51.97 and after discounts and coupons I paid $19.47, for a savings of almost 63%.  I also earned a $0.20 gas points discount (remember to redeem your 100 bonus points jump start coupon if you earned one last week!).

There are several more things I plan on buying this week, so stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment