Friday, March 23, 2012

3/18 - 3/14 shopping at Tops & Wegmans

I really didn't need too much from the grocery store this week, because I have a pretty well-stocked stockpile.  Here is what I bought (not everything is pictured above):

Tops - transaction 1
1 loaf Bimbo soft wheat bread - $1.09
On sale for $2.19, used a $0.55 internet printable coupon (doubles to $1.10) that is no longer available (sorry!)
Notes: I generally buy bread at Aldi because it's cheaper.  However, since I had no other purchases planned for Aldi this week, I decided not use the gas, time, and effort to make a special trip there just for bread.  Also, there was a smaller loaf of Bimbo white bread that would have cost me a lot less, but 2 of my kids have decided they love this bread.  Since the wheat is better for them than the white and they actually really like it, I wasn't about to argue!

1 carton Silk Pure Coconut - $2.99
Priced at $3.99, used a $1 coupon printed from here

2 bottles of Minute Maid Pure Squeezed orange juice - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$5, used 2 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here

The total retail value of this transaction was $13.56 and I paid $6.08 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of 55%.

Tops - transaction 2 (made on a different trip, so that I stayed within the store's double coupon limit policy)

4 bottles of Minute Maid Pure Squeezed orange juice - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$5, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here

The retail value of this transaction was also $13.56 (how weird is that?!) and I paid $4.00 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of about 71%.

Another Tops deal I did not get, but would if either I was low on cereal or thought my kids would like it, is Kellogg's Crunchy Nut cereal:

Kellogg's Crunchy Nut cereal - on sale 4/$8 (must buy 4 to get the sale price)
Use 2 of the $0.70 off 2 coupons (double to $1.40) found on the Kellogg's website
Pay $5.20 or $1.30 each, when you buy 4

Wegmans

2 cartons Silk Pure Almond - $2.44 each
Priced at $3.19 each, used a $0.75 off 2 coupon (doubles to $1.50) printed from here

1 half-gallon Upstate skim milk - $0.85
Priced at $1.85, used the $0.50 coupon from the front page of the 3/11 Democrat & Chronicle (there was also another coupon in the 3/18 SmartSource coupon insert)

The total retail cost of this trip was $8.23 and I paid $5.73 after coupons, for a savings of approximately 31%.

Overall, this wasn't a big savings week for me percentage-wise.  My savings really came from not having to buy much (my weekly grocery bill was under $20!) and cooking from my stockpile.

No comments:

Post a Comment