Saturday, March 3, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 9 in review

After not being all that impressed about my money saving efforts last week, I feel a little better about this week's (despite having unexpected car and dental expenses this week):
  • I matched sales and coupons at Tops and Wegmans to make the most of my grocery money.  I was especially excited to get lots of free pasta and Snapple, plus fantastic deals on Chex Mix.
  • I combined errands on my outings to help save on gas.
  • When my husband and I went out for our anniversary dinner, we used a coupon and gift money we received.  We only ended up paying the tip out-of-pocket, plus we had leftovers to bring home.
  • I packed leftovers for my husbands work lunches.
  • I cashed in Swagbucks for a $5 Amazon gift card to be used towards Christmas gifts later this year.
  • I used my oven on a cold day to help warm up the kitchen.  When I was done baking, I opened the oven door while it was cooling in order to continue to help warm the area.
  • I spent a lot of time volunteering at my daughters' school this week.  To avoid buying anything from the staff lounge vending machine, I brought my own snacks and drinks from my stockpile (the snacks were cheap and the drinks were free after sales and coupons!).
  • I cut my dishwasher tablets in half, and let my husband know that they clean just as well as a full one.  Hopefully he'll follow suit the next time he fills the washing machine (How cool is that?  Isn't he an awesome guy for voluntarily doing dishes?!)
If you did things this week to save money, I'd love to read about them in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Great savings this week and Happy Anniversary! Here is the link to sign up for Inbox Dollars.
    http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=ref3333340
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete