Saturday, March 31, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 13 in review

 

This week felt to me like it was chock full of money-saving activities. Here are the things I did to help save money:
  • I matched sales and coupons at Tops,Wegmans, and Target to save money on groceries and Easter goodies.
  • I found a penny next to my car in a parking lot.  I know it's not much but every little bit counts, right? ;-)
  • I combined errands on my outings to help save money on gas.
  • I stayed home 1 day this week to also save money on gas.
  • A few days this week I packed canned pineapple in my kids' lunches.  I saved the juice from the can and used it to add to a smoothie.
  • I cashed in Swagbucks for a $5 Amazon gift card that I will use towards Christmas gifts.
  • I packed leftovers for my husband's work lunches.
  • I made sure not to run my dishwasher unless it was full, and I cut the tablets in half. I find this has really been a saver -- the tablets don't clean any differently when I only use half of one, so I'm getting them to last twice as long. I also picked up another big container of them at BJ's since they had a store coupon for them.
  • I received some coupons and a packet of organic basil seeds from a giveaway I entered a while ago from Stonyfield YoKids. I can't wait to plant the seeds so I can use fresh basil along with the other herbs I have growing in my kitchen.
  • I download a few free ebooks onto my Nook.
  • After ignoring my MyPoints account for a really long time, I started reading the emails again.  I already have enough points sitting in my account to cash in for $10 or $25 gift cards.  I think I'll cash out and use them to give as gifts during the holidays, or when we're planning a special outing. (I'm not sure why I stopped reading the emails, because I really do like the MyPoints program.  If you're interested in joining, shoot me an email or leave me a comment and I'll send you a referral.)
  • I mailed out my Johnson's Healthy Essentials rebate and will receive an envelope of coupons as a result.

What are some things you did this week to save money? I'd love to read about them in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Great savings this week. When you find a penny on heads it is also good luck too. I too love MyPoints. Glad you started reading your emails again, you will enjoy your free gift cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Maria! It's always nice to have some gift cards to give at Christmas, and it will be even nicer on my wallet when I can get them for free. :-)

    ReplyDelete