Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3/4 - 3/10 Tops deals

I've made several small trips to Tops the past 3 days in order to maximize my gas points (this Saturday is the last day to earn!) and stay within the 4 like coupon doubling limit.  Here are the fruits of my labor and the transaction breakdown:
Transaction 1

4 Fisher Boy fish sticks - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$6, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here and here (look for the coupon link at the bottom of the page)

4 cartons of Silk Fruit & Protein - $1.29 each
On sale for $2.29 each, used 4 $1 coupons printed from here (also available here)

8 cartons of YoCrunch yogurt - $0.35 each
On sale 10/$6, used 2 $1 off 4 coupons printed from here (click on the link at the top to join the "Crunch Bunch" and there will be a coupon link at the bottom of  the page after you join)

The retail price was $41.04 and I paid $14.69 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of approximately 64%.

Transaction 2

5 bags of Chex Mix - $0.49 each, see note below
On sale for $1.49 each, used 5 $0.50 coupons from here
Note: Per Tops' coupon policy, only the first 4 coupons should have doubled but the cashier doubled all of them.  Also, I hadn't planned on buying more of these since I had stocked up quite a bit last week but I noticed on my first trip of the week that the sale and Catalina deal were still going on.  Buying 5 bags earned me a $3 Catalina coupon to use on a future shopping trip. The sale on these lasts until 3/10 and the Catalina offer is valid until 3/17, so if you missed my post last week and want to stock up this week, you can read this post to find a few more sources of printable Chex Mix coupons.

4 boxes of Fisher Boy fish sticks - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$6, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here and here

The retail value of this trip was $36.91 and I paid $5.45 after discounts and coupons (I also used one of the $3 Catalina coupons I earned from the Chex Mix deal last week), for an approximate savings of 85%.

Transaction 3

1 bottle of Olay body wash - $0.99
On sale for $2.99, used the $2 coupon from the 3/4 Proctor & Gamble coupon insert

2 boxes of Nabisco Cheese Nips - $1.17 each
On sale 3/$5, used a $1 off 2 coupon printed from here

4 boxes of Fisher Boy fish sticks - $1.50 each (yes, when "Stock up for Lent" was printed next to these in the weekly ad, I took them up on that offer!)
On sale 2/$6, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here and here

1 package of Kraft Fresh Take - $1.00
On sale 2/$5, used a $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) printed from here

1 loaf of Bimbo honey wheat bread - $0.90 (am I the only one who laughs at this brand name?!)
On sale 2/$4, used a $0.55 coupon (doubles to $1.10) I printed at coupons.com but no longer seems to be available
Note: If you were able to print this while it was available, they also have their smaller loaf of white bread priced at $1.49 making it just $0.39 after the coupon.

2 boxes of Better Oats oatmeal - $0.45 each (oh how I wish I hadn't used most of my coupons when these were on sale 4/$5 after few weeks ago!)
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.55 off 2 coupon (doubles to $1.10) printed from here

The retail value was $40.99 and I paid $9.21 after discounts and coupons (I used another $3 Catalina from last week's Chex Mix deal stock-up), for a savings of about 78%.

Transaction 4

2 boxes of Nabisco Cheese Nips - $1.17 each
On sale 3/$5, used a $1 off 2 coupon printed from here

2 boxes of Better Oats oatmeal - $0.45 each
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.55 off 2 coupon (doubles to $1.10) printed from here

6 Banquet pot pies - $0.80 each
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.60 off 6 coupon (for some reason this doubled to $1.19 instead of $1.20??) found in a previously purchased package of Banquet frozen meals

16 cartons of YoCrunch yogurt - $0.35 each
On sale 10/$6, used 4 $1 off 4 coupons printed from here

I also bought plums and nectarines (no coupons, but were on sale $1.49/lb.)

The retail value of this transaction was $38.97 and I paid $15.15 after discounts and coupons (I also used the $3 Catalina coupon from this week's Chex deal), for a savings of 61%.

Overall, my total retail value this week was $157.91 and I paid $44.50, for an approximate savings of 72%.  I've also earned a gas discount of $2.30 per gallon (a far cry from my $3.50 last earning period, but with the insane price of gas I'll take any discount I can get!).

2 comments:

  1. went to tops today for 4 more chex mixes. i did not receive a second cataling coupon. i assumed they only gave one per household. was i wrong? i noticed you've gotten more than one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would defintely take your receipt back to the customer service desk, thatgirl. Per the information printed from the Catalina site, you should get $1 for 3, $2 for 4, and $3 for 5 Chex Mixes (4.5 oz. or larger and all purchased in the same transaction). There is no stipulation on limits per card and I received several Catalinas over the past 2 weeks on these without any problems. It's been a long time since it's happened to me, but I've never had a problem with Tops when my Catalinas don't print. They've either reprinted one for me, written it up on a raincheck for the cashier to deduct on a future order, or given me the cash back. If it helps, you may want to print out the Catalina deal (you might have to create a login and/or sign in in order to print it out) and take it along with your receipt. You can find it here: http://www.couponnetwork.com/yourbucks-catalina-coupons. Good luck and I hope you have no issues getting your $2 back!

      Delete