Tuesday, June 19, 2012

6/17 - 6/23 Tops deals: trip #3

Today marked my third tip to Tops so I could stock up on some essentials for our family...

8 boxes Betty Crocker fruit snacks/fruit roll-ups - $0.42 each, see notes
On sale 4/$4 (must buy quantities of 4 to get this price), used 2 $0.60 off 2 coupons (double to $1.20) printed from here and 2 $0.50 off 2 coupons (double to $1) from here, plus used a $0.25 Tops Monopoly coupon
Notes: If you haven't done it yet, make sure to activate the $0.50 off 2 eCoupon at SavingStar before you shop.  Also, be sure to look through your Monopoly game coupons periodically.  I had a Betty Crocker fruit roll-up coupon and a Yoplait coupon all this time and didn't realize it until I looked through my Monopoly coupons again this morning!

3 Renuzit Adjustables air fresheners - $0.67 each
On sale 10/$10, used the Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon from the 6/17 Red Plum coupon insert

2 boxes Tops pasta - $0.75 each, see notes
On sale 10/$10, used 1 $0.25 Tops Monopoly game coupons
Notes: These each earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.  I generally don't like to pay this much for a box of pasta, but I didn't have any of these tri-colored ones in my stockpile and I figured I might get some good coupons by getting extra game pieces (it worked -- I got a coupon for a free Redbox rental!)

1 bakery doughnut - FREE
Priced at $0.72, used a free product coupon from the Tops Monopoly game

1 bakery danish - FREE
Priced at $1.29, used a free product coupon from the Tops Monopoly game

1 carton (1/2 gallon) Silk Almond milk - $1.80
On sale 2/$6, used a $0.60 coupon (doubles to $1.20) from here (there is also a $1.25 off 2 coupon here and a $1 off 1 coupon here)

20 cartons Yoplait yogurt - $0.47 each, see notes
On sale 20/$12, used 2 $0.60 off 8 coupons (double to $1.20) printed from here (there is also a $0.50 off 8 coupon here) and a $0.25 Tops Monopoly coupon
Notes: Buying 20 Yoplait yogurts earned me both $2.00 and $1.50 Catalina coupons. I'll be using these on other trips to help bring down my out-of-pocket costs, which is especially helpful for things without coupons (like fresh produce).  Also, make sure to activate the $0.40 off 6 eCoupon at SavingStar before shopping in order to lower your final net cost.

The retail cost of this transaction was $51.87 and I paid just $14.99 after discounts and coupons (including $3.25 in Catalina coupons from one of my previous trips), for a savings of 71%.  I have a gas discount of $2.60 per gallon now, plus another $3.25 in Catalina coupons to use on another transaction.  To be honest, I even surprised myself on this trip. :-)

And just a quick final note, I know that the amount of yogurt I've bought so far might seem excessive (like one of the extreme couponers on TV who clears a shelf just because she can), but I assure you it is getting eating at an alarming rate. Before I left for the store today, I had only 16 of 40 cartons left in the refrigerator! With school out now, my kids are eating it at breakfast, lunch, snack time, and for dessert, so I really need to up my stash.  And regarding the ton of fruit snacks, the last time I stocked up on them, my 12-year-old boy raided them for midnight snacks so they certainly didn't last nearly as long as I had imagined they would.  This time my fruit snack stockpile is getting put in a secret hiding spot. ;-)

I *think* tomorrow will be my last Tops trip of the week, so I will update that after I hit the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment